Perpetual tourist

Hello guys my name is Jim, I have been to Costa Rica a few times and am doing some research to see if I can come down and try the perpetual tourist living to see how it will work out for me, can anyone advise me how to get around buying a return ticket on the first visit.

@jyelect by it for $20 at onewayflight

I'm doing the perpetual tourist thing via flights even. I don't have a high income but El Salvador, Mexico and Guatemala can be reached via flight for cheap and all three countries have lower living expenses than Costa Rica. That doesn't make up for the extra costs of traveling but ALMOST. People tell me they cross the border to Panama or Nicaragua by land and return after 5 minutes. I believe them, but I don't do it. Costa Rica is so welcoming, I don't want to overstretch it. I would feel being disrespectful to an already very accommodating host. But that's just me.

@Henrych  Hi Henrych thanks for your reply, can you explain a little more when you say i can buy a ticket for $20

@jyelect just open onewayfly.com and all will be clear. You'll get a real ticket valid for 48 hrs for $20 or the one valid for 14 days for 32. It is a  valid one way ticket to the destination you indicate. Go to the

website, everything is very clear there. Then you present this ticket to the Immigration as your return ticket

Hi Henrych thanks for your advise I did visit the website and it's just as you say thanks I'll be coming down some time next year and would to start in the Atenas area and see what it's like and move around before deciding on an area, which area are you in and where would you recommend thanks

When you leave the airport in the U.S., buy a fully refundable ticket from Costa Rica back to the U.S. and scheduled for 89 days from your arrival date. Then, once in Costa Rica, call the airline and request cancellation of that "return" ticket and a full refund. There should be no hassle.

Too, I think you can buy a one-way bus ticket from Costa Rica (probably from San Jose) scheduled for that 89th day. Then either toss the bus ticket or go to the bus company and either reschedule or get a refund.

(You understand, do you not, that admitting you to Costa Rica as a "tourist" is totally at the discretion of any and all Immigration agents. So if an Immigration feels like you've done this "leave and return" thing, s/he can simply deny you entry and there you'll be enjoying the pura vida life in the airport 'til the next flight out.)