Help for Registration in Amsterdam

Hello everyone,

I am in Amsterdam for an internship (paid) for 6 months. I came two months ago and found a nice and beautiful apartment, but it, unfortunately, was available only for two months and I have to leave now. When I arrived in Amsterdam I directly made an appointment for registration at the city office (however, the date of the appointment they gave me was three months later ( 01.12.2022)). My first question is: is it possible to register myself retrospectively at the address I lived? Registration was possible there, and I still have the rental contract.

Now my second question is:

I still have to stay 4 months in Amsterdam for the internship and I am struggling to find an apartment where registration is possible. I have read that it is possible to register myself for 4 months in the Registery for Non-Resident (RNI)?

Is it possible?

Thank you very much for the help!

Nico

HI Nico,To make your life some easier you can go to the following link and request a postal address.This you can use till 8 months, then the city will need to verify this address for an extension. https://www.amsterdam.nl/veelgevraagd/? … 10D%7DThis is in the Dutch language but you could use Google Translate to translate this page for you.

you have to go to the website from Amsterdam city and search there for Briefadres bij een familielid of kennis

On a wider note, many Gemeente offer this process, my only caution is that Covid is still affecting many Gemeente services, so be patient.