SRRV passport

Just turned all the paperwork in and they took my passport and were to email me paperwork to show for immigration why I didn't have it, in my email that night well still waiting and tomorrow is a holiday so I was to fly out also after I finished, there is only 30 days tourist visa, if I don't receive the SRRV by them is this a problem.

Just turned all the paperwork in and they took my passport and were to email me paperwork to show for immigration why I didn't have it, in my email that night well still waiting and tomorrow is a holiday so I was to fly out also after I finished, there is only 30 days tourist visa, if I don't receive the SRRV by them is this a problem.         -@piattepye

It could take 45-60 days for them to stamp the PRA visa in your passport. And as you say, it is a problem if your visa is expired before SRRV is ready as they will not let you pick it up with expired tourist visa. But why can't just get an extension while waiting for SRRV? If your visa is from a country without visa waiver and 3-year extensions (like Iran or India), that could be a problem. You do not say. In that case you may need to contact a private visa agency PRC to get an extension to your existing 9A, if even possible as usually that must be done at a Philippine embassy and those are only located outside of the country. I would contact a professional immediately because I really suspect your SRRV will not be ready for another 6 weeks or so; you may even need to leave the country to find a Philippine embassy to renew your 9A IIF that is the case. Perhaps a visa agency that has contacts at PRA could try to expedite your visa stamping (don't know). Did you do this yourself or work with a PRA marketer? Best of luck sir.

@piattepye

How about U.S.passport?

@danfinn is right.  It took about two very uncomfortable months without a passport to get it back.  My friend in Cebu had his returned in about three weeks, tho.  Those are the only two data points I can give you.

However, before I handed over my passport I was advised by PRA (I used the Subic Satellite Office) to extend my visa for another 60 days.

Stef

@piattepye

It would be better if you did all papers, here at the PRA office in person at the Makati branch. You can always extend your visa to do this.

I got my SRRV about 5 months ago.  I don't remember applying for anything special.  Maria Rose and Thelma took care of everything in Makati. Even got my drivers license on the same day I took the oath. I've been out of the country and back without any problems.  Immigration asked to see my SRRV card upon reentry, done.

Sorry I can't give you legal advice, but you I don't think it's anything to stress over.

Best of luck

Keith

I got my SRRV about 5 months ago.  I don't remember applying for anything special.  Maria Rose and Thelma took care of everything in Makati. Even got my drivers license on the same day I took the oath. I've been out of the country and back without any problems.  Immigration asked to see my SRRV card upon reentry, done.
Sorry I can't give you legal advice, but you I don't think it's anything to stress over.
Best of luck
Keith

-@Kampkos104

We used Maria too. Completely trouble-free.

@eddieclmax

can you tell me exactly where the pra office in Makati

i

am im manila and need to get my SRRV asap

thank you

I googled it for you:

Philippine Retirement Authority

Corporate office

29th Floor, BDO Tower, 8741, 1200 Paseo de Roxas · (02) 8848 1412

Closed ⋅ Opens 7 AM

What do you expect as ASAP ?

I hope 3-6 weeks  my viisa is up in july but i could get another month  i  got my scr csrd anf a 1 month extention anf iy codt mevabout $300

us dollars !! 

i hope to get the military exemption which I heard is lots more inexpensive than a regular retirement visa I hope I was told right

Thank you very much for the information. I will contact them tomorrow and hopefully find out all my answers.

3-6 weeks is mission impossible and yes, former military get a substantial better deal.

You may consider to consult Mary (MariaRose) who was mentioned a few times above.

@emvaningen

ok thanks i will