Basel Stadt vs. Binningen

Hi all. We're a family of 4 planning to move from France to Basel/area. I want to remain in Grossbasel, be about 10 mins away from SBB max to reduce commuting time. The big question is what the differences (except for tax) between e.g. Binningen (BL) and Gundeli (BS) are with regards to services, particularly for the kids. Our reason to choose Basel rather over Aargau was to have some better service for the kids, so we want to avoid ruining the purpose by moving to Basel Land without being aware of the differences. E.g. the German classes paid by the city for my wife, some after-school activities paid by the city, swimming class of the school or the other activities delivered by the schools/ offered by the city. Any other element where you see the higher tax in BS is being well employed.

I understood that Grossbasel is a bit safer than Kleinbasel at night and as we'll want to promote the kids' independence, well prefer Grossbasel. If there are better or less better areas we're also interested to know. The proximity to schools, parks, etc is of course very important.

Beyond that, any information that could help us decide would be extremely welcome!
Many thanks,
Lionel

Hi Marekeon
in general people are moving in where they find a Landlord who says Yes, you're welcome.

Is it Gundeldingen?
The big difference is the noise
You are probably exposed to noise from SBB all the time.
Binningen is quieter.

Regarding Kleinbasel.
I was living there for two months.
It is less criminal than the reputation.
If you get a landlord in Binning, I would prefer Binningen over Kleinbasel.
Did you have a look into Muttenz or Bottmingen?