Shopping

Hi 
I am currently in Kolkata on one month business trip. In Singapore where I lived, I often found beautiful India made bed spread made of silk and cotton. While in Kolkata, I have not found any to my liking in New Market, Mani Mall or City center ( a few places I have visited). My past experience living in many countries such as China, Vietnam, Thailand, f remind me that often the high quality “ foreign design – local made”  ( in this case India made) merchandise is typically can't find the mall or tourist souvenir shop. India is so renown for their silk and cotton. I would really want to buy some well made cushion, bedspread to bring home.   

Do you have places that I can get some good quality home accessories or bedding or knick knacks?

Thank you so much .

Hello Yok Liew & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will soon give you some tips.

Harmonie.:)

hi Yok
u cud try DAKHINAPAN mall in plc cld DHAKURIA. this mall has gud handloom collection frm nt jst KOLKATA bt frm all throughout INDIA. hope u'll find smthn u like.

Hi Pradeepta, you should lower Caps lock when you write on the forum, and avoid using SMS languages.

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Maybe this?
http://yellowpages.sulekha.com/kolkata/ … nds/68.htm

You can try Pomposh in new market, they really have pretty good collection.