Converting a US driver's licence.

I want to convert my US driver's licence to UAE one in Abu Dhabi.
I obtained the translation of the DL and NOC letter from employer.
What else do I need, and where do I go in Abu Dhabi to get it converted?

hey there bro.. how you been? Well i found this from the site hope it helps you i am stuck doing the driver's license all over again here it is:

The people holding nationalities and driving licenses of Kuwait, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Austria, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland, Holland, Italy, Britain, *Turkey, *Greece, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Pollyanna, Romania, Finland, *Canada, USA, Hong Kong, Singapore, *South Korea, *Japan, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa can convert their driving license for Dubai Driving License. The people from countries indicated by star (*) are required to get translation of the license done from their Consulate. The required documents for conversion are a valid original driving license, valid residence issued by Dubai, a completed form for replacement of license, No Objection letter from sponsor to replace license and Optometry form accredited by the health authority in Emirate Location. Please note that the concerned person has to be present themselves to complete the transaction and the service charge is AED 160 for the same.

Go to the driver licensing centre in Muroor, pay your money, hand over the documents, get your mugshot....3 mins later you're legal to drive.

can the same be done in sharjah sandman? i have a residence visa from there, have a U.S. license.

vikrant wrote:

can the same be done in sharjah sandman? i have a residence visa from there, have a U.S. license.

I can't really comment for Sharjah since I haven't had dealings there, but all of the emirates tend to mimic each other in these respects.

Okay will give it a shot thanks for the help sandman. :)

Yes you can convert your US issued DL to any state in UAE. Ive done that.

where have you done it ?

You can have it done at the Marina mall... the place in the basement near the Ace, Infinity Services.  They'll do absolutely everything you need to convert your license.

hmmm okay so the dubai marina mall in the basement area... got it thanks nicole i owe ya one! ;)