Anyone Joining University of Bahrain

Dear members,

Is there anyone going to join University of Bahrain in September 2018. After interview it was told to me join date would be first week of September.

In this week I emailed to HR, and they replied they are waiting for approval from CSB and then they will apply for work visa. Worry, as the joining is 2nd of September and still they did not applied the visa.

Kindly reply, if anyone is going to join University of Bahrain in September and waiting for the CSB or work visa approval.

Hi
Its a well know fact that CSB approval process does take a very long time, we have heard of many such cases in the past. Patience is the key.

T&R

Hi,
I have also accepted University of Bahrain's  job offer, starting September 1, 2018.
I am still in Canada waiting for the visa. Three weeks ago, I contacted HR and I was informed that  the procedures take time and the delay is also because of the holidays and summer vacation.

Regards,
drAki

Hi,
Same situation here. I was interviewed around July 7 and on July 10 the department emailed me informing me that my application has been accepted by the department and asked me to fill the CSB form.

When did you submit your CSB form?

yes me too currently waiting for my family visa . Mine approved already,

Masly57 wrote:

yes me too currently waiting for my family visa . Mine approved already,

Hi Masly57,

Good to know you also joined UoB?

My visa is still pending. And drAki has already joined UoB.

Did yours visa approved in September 2018?

Yes my visa was approved mid aug. But i have issue with marriage certificate and they require it to be endorsed first by the foreign affairs. Do they provide villa to draki?

As others replied, the procedure takes a long time. You have to wait as long as you signed a contract they will contact you.
Hope to welcome you soon to UoB!

Don't put high expectation. You provide you housing but not that dance.

I wish you good luck all. We will expect you by mid November.

Hi haloola,

Are you working in uob? Mid nov will be hard for me as my son is sitting for a big exam. Is it confirmed?

Hi haloola,

Are you working in uob? Mid nov will be hard for me as my son is sitting for a big exam. Is it confirmed?

Nothing is confirmed Sir. Procedure takes time as usual.

Hello Masly 57,
How long did it take from your interview till the offer ? and how long from your job  offer till you received your visa?

In my case I had a successful interview in early July but have not received any offers yet.
Thanks a lot and good luck

Hi,

Around 6 months for the offer . My visa i think around a month but my family is still waiting for the process. Best of luck.

Dear all working at the UoB, Any one knows the benefits other than salary, housing, insurance and children tuition in schools. My question is: how much do they (UoB) pay for fuculty member!s children as tuition fees at schools.

Cheers

Hello everyone,
I have just received an academic job offer from the university of Bahrain and I accepted it. What happens next ?
   Will they send me a contract ? or will they apply for my visa now and the contract will be signed upon arrival in Bahrain?

Thanks a lot

You may refer to human resources about that. Normally they will process the visa. Made sure you follow all the instructions. Its not an easy process for the visa. Best of luck.

Dont resign until they do no provide you visa. Dont trust on their saying. I also received job from UoB but my visa was rejected and they stoped contract.

Really...why your visa rejected. Mine earlier because of marriage certificate. Is there a reason for the visa rejection?

Did they ask for the original copy of your marriage license to be sent by postal mail ?

No they didn't . Is that the process? It costs me around 130 dollar to get the stamping. Its risky isn't it to send. So send to the company or immigration?

Masly57,
  I do not know if the original copies are required. You said earlier that your wife's visa was denied because the marriage certificate was missing a stamp of some kind. In my case, most stamps are on the back of the certificates, and the emailed copies are scanned only on the front side!
I should have scanned both sides of all certificates, should not I ?

Hi, could you share the reason for rejecting your visa so that we try to avoid it? Thanks a lot.

Hello Masly57,
  Thanks a lot for your helpful answers.

Have you validated your documents from the Bahraini consulate in your country before scanning them and sending them to HR ?

Hi,

In my country malaysia therei is no bahrain embassy so we have to take attestation from gcc countries. So what j did was translate everything to english with the malaysian court, then attest it by foreign embassy malaysia as well as any gcc countries. When thr last rejection came they said it was no clear. So i send colour copy to the university. So make sure its clear meaning u can see clearly the stamping. I stamp everything in the first page. But for my children birth certificate they stamp it at the back. So i am not sure whether they will accept it or not. But all my children name has the same surname so i hope they wont be too strict because its costly to get it stamp again. I am still waiting for the visa. So i can say much. Its best if you contact the University directly best of luck and pls pray for me and my family. Tq

Thanks a lot for your quick and detailed reply. You have my sincerest prayers.

Hi all,

I saw that you all have posted regarding job offers in University of Bahrain. I had my interview a week ago. It went well, but I haven't recieved any responses yet. Can you please tell me how long do they usually take to respond? Also, do they inform us if we're selected.

Would be grateful if anyone could reply. Thanks in advance.
Hi Frs,

You are commenting on a thread that has been inactive since October 2018. It is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.

If you want to discuss a specific topic, please do not hesitate to create a new discussion on the Bahrain forum, explaining your situation and/or exposing your doubts.

Vero
Expat.com team
@Frs Hi!
UOB recruitment process will take time! Sometimes 6 months - 12 months! If you got selected, they will send you an email!