Where to exchange USD in large quantity in Metro Manila?

Let's say I have around US $5000, where should I go to exchange? In Vietnam, some jewelry stores have this service when you are selling more than $1000, they will come directly to your place so no need to carry a large sum of cash around. Do they have something like that here in the Philippines?

Hello Kindawn.
In the markets they are plenty of change booths, they all have different rates so you have to browse first. Them you make an appointment in YOUR bank, under the supervision of the guards and deposit your pesos on your account.

I've lived here in Phils for almost 2 years & have never heard of the service you describe. Local banks have the best exchange rate & they love getting U.S. dollars. However, they only accept new uncirculated bills. And the process takes time. Waiting for a service rep & plus they record every bill's serial number. A way around this hassle is simply exchange at Manila airport on arrival. There are several small bank outlet exchange windows grouped together for just this purpose.

i read that it is not safe to exchange big money in airport.

In reply to your 1st question as the other people above have stated.  There is always a risk in changing money, counterfeit bills may come to you.  Or you may be rob.  But that is life.

In regards to your second question I have never heard of a service like that here in the Philippines.

PS a money changing will not blink at $5K USD, so don't think it is a lot of money and that you have to let them know you want to change that amount.  If you went with $50k that would be considered a large amount.

giovannigio wrote:

i read that it is not safe to exchange big money in airport.

I do it all the time, the rate is not to bad.  And there is lots of security around there.

Robinsons Customer service gives a good rate...but they will examine every note and reject them for the least little flaw..IE. ink pen, small tear at the fold..You will need a passport or other govt ID

In Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Two Brothers Store has better exchange rates than any local bank, is a fast process provided the bills are in good shape.  We always get  US dollars out of our bank account and then exchange them at 2B.