SRRV visa deposit

Hello everyone, I am in the process of moving to Philippines. I am applying for SRRV visa.
I am 62 retired (disabled)..my question is do I bring a certified check with me for $ 10,000 ?
I would like to have Visa approved while I'm here.
I believe you need return ticket if entering country on regular Visa.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hello Jmnemer1
In reply to your SRRV deposit query. No they will not accept your cheque or cash. It has to be done electronically  from your bank to a bank of your choice from their preferred banks. Read everything on line first. Then when you arrive in the Philippines with your return ticket you can visit the PRA and do the necessary paperwork or better still use a reputable agent to do it for you. You will need a police clearance from your country plus medical and Embassy  authentification
All of which is time consuming. You will also need to make sure your passport has at least six or more  months as Immigration will use it to do your Visa. I hope this some help
Cheers

Thank you so much for your help, So when I come I should open Bank account and upon returning transfer the $10,000. If everything else is complete will I again need a round trip ticket to re-enter the Philippines? Also will a local police report or a Background check suffice?

Thanks again for your response!

Hi looking at your enquiry about SRRV, its a long process, please ensure that you get a police clearance from your country that you have no crimes against you.

I have been in the Philippines 15 years, my name is Alan please send me your email address to my email *** then I can send you all the applications and details that you need to know about.

Regards
Alan

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you are coming from a country like the US that permits tourist visa upon entry you will need to do that upon arrival.  After you have that you can begin application process for other visa types. 
OR
you apply through the nearest Philippine embassy to where you currently live.

The tourist visa can be continually renewed for up to 3 years, during which time you will have been able  to complete the navigation of the bureaucratic obstacle  course.

L

HI,

You definitely need to show proof that you have transportation from the Philippines at the end of your stay.  A return ticket is sufficient, but you can prove you intend to leave the Philippines by another way (e.g. by having a ticket to Singapore, instead of your home city). If you cannot show proof of being able to leave the Philippines, then you will more than likely be denied a visa. It happened to a friend of mine who was denied entry to the country!

If you are not sure when you are planning to leave the Philippines, then I recommend you buy a ticket from an airline that allows free or low-cost ticket exchange.

Good luck!

Hope this helps;

Having been through this, and waited for hours at the Philippine Embassy, only to be told that I need docs authenticated etc., Once you have the police clearance certificate and pension info, get it authentated (Apostille) beforehand, otherwise you're just wasting time. It's best to everything in your home country.

1. Police Clearance/Certificate of no criminal record from home country- Needs to be authenticated/red ribboned by the Philippine embassy/consulate in the issuing country. Has to be translated in English by an official translator if it is in another language.
2. Required deposit US $10,000.00. Money must be wired from an account outside the Philippines to the new account that you will open in one of the PRA accredited banks or use the PRA account in DBP. If you will use the PRA account in DBP, money must be wired 4 weeks in advance. The money must be wired in US dollars. BDO will not accept it if it is sent in any other currency aside from dollars.
3. Application fee US $ 1400.00 + yearly fee $360.00
4. Medical clearance - will done in the Philippines and is included in your application fee
5. Bureau of Immigration Clearance - Needs to be applied in the BI Philippines. This is a standard issue when you extend your tourist visa. It cost PHP 2500.00 to apply visa an agency that we use.
6. Completed application forms
7. Completed Notice of Registration
8. Passport photos 12 pieces 2x2 white background- can be done also in the Philippines
9. Passport with at least 3 free pages
10. Valid current tourist visa entry.
11. NBI clearance if stay in the Philippines is more than 30 days prior to application.
12. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least 2 clean pages
13. Pension certification- Certification must state how much pension you are getting and since when did it start. Minimum pension for single applicant is US$800.00/month, if with dependants US$1,500.00/month
14. Personal Appearance in the PRA office
15. Authenticated Marriage contract If spouse is applying.

Just a thought from my experience with getting my service.  I did not have a return destination nor a throw away ticket.  I did extend my visa one time.  I did use one of the services recruiters named Mary.  They are paid by PRA not you.  She was tremendously helpful in guiding me through the maze.  If you are a us veteran with honorable discharge you would be able to get the service with only a $1500 deposit at bio bank in makati. ( They have a special program for us veterans.  You did not indicate which country you want to emigrate from. ) Star branch.  The others are correct get you legal clearance,   You will have to get a medical clearance and pass a drug screen as well.  The recruiter can help bayou with all the requirements.  You can also try to get things done at the nearest Philippine embassy in your country of origin.  I hope that helps. rainrider9

The time to get the SRRV Retirement Visa can take up to 45 days. 

It isn't necessary to bring a Cheque with you but at least have access to be able to withdraw funds from your bank account while in the Philippines.

This may mean having to make a phone call back to your country and in particular your bank to get them to do a transfer for you.

It is best to go into the PRA Office and talk to them about the deposit arrangements.

I used the Cebu Office. There is also one in Manila.

Elma from the Cebu Office is very helpful.

They might be paid by the PRA, but beware, I was forced to pay them 15,000 peso before I got my visa.

How were you forced to pay the recruiter an additional 15000 Php?  If that was the case I would go to the PRA office and report this.  They would then likely lose the endorsement from PRA.   It would seem stupid for them to jeopardize the endorsement from the PRA.   How long ago did this occur?  Did you get a receipt from them?  Show that to the PRA office and they may reimburse you.  rainrider9

It was last year, i had my flight booked back to the UK and the PRA had my passport, so I needed it back as I obviously could not travel without it, i was told that my SRRV would not be ready until after my flight date, and if I wanted my passport back before the visa was issued I would have to commence the whole process again to get my SRRV.

I asked the sponsor what could be done, and she said that she could get my visa arranged quickly if I paid 15,000 peso. As I had this predicament I had no choice but to pay.

I gave a PRA officer in the Manila office 15,000 peso and received my SRRV there and then! When I read the document I found that the visa had already been prepared and ready for me days beforehand, so this was just a  scam to get money from me. I did not get a receipt.

Sorry to hear that.  I still would send a letter to PRA main o ffice in Manila and complain.  It may be hard without a receipt though.   rainrider9

Hi, you won't be able to retire to the Philippines with a criminal record? I have one dui and 3 weed convictions but they were 10 years ago and all of them are misdemeanors.

I have a criminal record. Can I still get an SSRV Visa with misdemeanor convictions from 10 years ago?

What email did you use for the PRA.  The PRA has been unresponsive to any of my emails or questions.  I trust you guys but the horse's mouth is even better.