I Can Make You A Movie Star (Or something Like That)

My name is Jonathan. My friends call me “Jon”.

I currently live in Austin, Texas and am looking to moving to Spain. I've been in the film industry for over 35+ years writing, producing and directing.  I would like to focus on bringing my work experiences to Spain and Europe and also work with any film festivals.

For the last few years, I have been associated with The Austin Film Festival and Cine Las Americas International Film Festival. The idea of teaching a masters class in film producing is a possibility also. I have a solid background in cutting-edge technologies from mobile applications to Virtual Reality interactive computer-generated experiences for video games and narrative formats. 

I love the culture and effervescence that is Spain. And at this point in my life, both personally and professionally, I am looking for unique possibilities that are not conveniently manufactured from mainstream Hollywood. I feel deep in my soul that Spain offers creative challenges that are beyond a sea of American mediocrity.

Please consider my experience and passion that I can bring to your organization. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Jon

En español

Hola, ¿cómo están?

Mis amigos me llaman "Jon".

Actualmente vivo en Austin, Texas y estoy mirando para mudarme a España. He trabajado en la industria del cine durante más de 35 años escribiendo, produciendo y dirigiendo. Me gustaría enfocarme en llevar mi experiencia de trabajo a España y al resto de Europa y también trabajar en cualquier festival de cine.

En los últimos años, he estado asociado con The Austin Film Festival y Cine Las Americas International Film Festival. La idea de enseñar una clase magistral de producción cinematográfica es también una posibilidad.

Tengo una sólida formación en tecnologías de vanguardia, desde aplicaciones para móviles hasta experiencia en realidad virtual interactiva generada por ordenador para videojuegos y formatos narrativos.

Amo la cultura y la efervescencia que es España. Y en este punto de mi vida, tanto personal como profesionalmente, estoy buscando posibilidades únicas que no estén convenientemente fabricadas  por lo establecido en Hollywood. Siento en lo profundo de mi alma que España ofrece desafíos creativos que están más allá de la mediocridad estadounidense.

Consideren la experiencia y la pasión que puedo aportar a su organización. A la espera de saber de ustedes.

Sinceramente,

Jon

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

I realise the Spanish is just a translation of the English text, but such posts tend to encourage answers in Spanish, and they are generally removed.

The other note, job ads are best placed in the correct section, "Jobs" at the top of this page.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/europe/spain/

Good luck in finding new opportunities.

Closed