Exploring Rental in DR

What websites provide 3-12 month rentals — so we can experience before we buy?

Rental of what and where?

Rental of villa -- around Punta Cana or bavaro or Puerto Plata -- unless you have a better place to explore : )  We want to set up someplace for 3 months so we can explore different areas for the type of home we would like to purchase.

In your intro you said you wanted low cost. If that is needled look at the Puerto Plata area. Punta Cana and Bavaro are more expensive.

Do a Google search, air BNB various FB groups. I will post some later.

HI, the Noth shore is much less expensive than Punta Cana when you add up ALL the costs of living. There are no villas with your specs that are "cheap".  Cheap maybe compared to Malibu or the Cote'de Azure  (sp).   I've lived in the Sosua/Cabaete for many years. Many expats from around the world live in this area. Lots of old timers here who are full of info.  The 3 Ls are: Look,... Listen,...Learn.  Spending time exploring is the best way to find an area that appeals to you. That is where you should spend the time & energy to see if truly provides for your needs. Looking forward to your progress & experiences along the way. Keep posting your journey, thanks.

I agree the terms villa and low cost really don't go together.

Now, if you accept the fact that "Villa" translates to house in the lexicon of "Realtors" only to demand an inflated price.  It usually refers to an upscale Levittown housing development.  Much better to say that you are looking for a house or home.  A house is always cheaper than a "Villa".  A "View" is not noticed after a few months, except to impress visitors who do not stay long enough to become inured to it.  I know, I lived on a hill top above Christenstead in St Croix.  You would be amazed at the hidden treasures on some of the more quiet side streets.   $ bedrms, 5&1/2 baths, maids quarters, walled, secure. around $165K.  Take your time,    L...L...L...

Thank you for the feedback,  any other towns to be considered for exploring?

Great advice -- thank you : )

Look at Costambar,  Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete, Cabrera on the north coast.

We are looking at Cabrera now as a serious contender. Even though we still have some time before we are going to be moving, I don't believe in dawdling. We are not looking to buy after much deliberation. We want to be long term renters. We are also willing to live in many places on the island. Our visit will hopefully narrow it down for us. :)
The Internet has helped so much with searching up till now. This has been the best help.