Buying on cabrera

Hello great information in this forum thanks in advance.
My name is alex. I am from jupiter fl. Original from cuba. My English is not perfect so excuse any mistake please.
I am considering to buy a house for retirement, I will like information on prices from an honest person.
I am pretty good finding real estate prices on USA but when I see a house for sale at $180,000 reduced from $350,000 on RD My head start spinning..
I found a house in cabrera it is and ocean front in a very rocky part. The realtot claim it is a really good price but I will like some more opinions.

Welcome to the forums and thank you for introducing yourself. Real estate here is an adventure.  We have members in cabrera and I am sure they will have opinions!!!

Contact Tomas Cabrera AKA Tom Duncan & his wife Catalina, She is from Cabrera, has an accounting firm & Tom is a retired Canadian. They can help you & answer your questions. Very nice people & helpful to know.  PM me for contact info. If I didn't live in Sosua, I would live in Cabrera. Welcome to the forum & to the DR.

Thank you so much for your fast reply. I will try to send you a private message as soon as I find out how to do it 🤕 My computer skill is terrible. I guess  I live to many years in a country well computers where prohibited.

Planner thank you  are doing an amazing job here. Very much appreciate.

Thank you honey!!! I appreciate that.

Just sent you a PM about our realtor here in Cabrera! Welcome to the neighborhood! We love it here.  Unfortunately we don't live full time but bought a place in 2015...

Hi Alex, where in Cabrera is it?  and can you send me the real estate link or photograph, maybe it is where I stayed for a rental, if it is I can tell you for sure what it is ! Please don't post it here on the Forum but send it to me on this Forum via ' Private Message' by clicking on the 'envelope' mail icon on the right upper side of your screen. I don't want you to make a big mistake ! contact me, I will tell you.

Hi, buying a house would be better once you are here checking and comparing for yourself. I would never take someone else's word for a major investment, especially that of an interested party.
Sometimes spending a couple of days/nights at the property can provide insights you would not have.
So, rent for a few months and make sure the area is SAFE and you are comfortable living there before buying. Later you may have a very difficult time selling the property. That's my best advice in a nutshell!
Best wishes