Portugal, Mexico City of Panama City??

Hello expats
I am currently looking to move from Melbourne Australia to another destination in retirement. I have been considering Portugal, Mexico city or Panama City. I would really appreciate any advice that you can give me as I would be moving alone and do not know where to start. Information on housing, cost of living, the best and safest places to live and anything else that you have experienced. I would be living on Australian dollars. Thank you for your assistance. Barbara Lorback

Hi Lorback..i be been to Mexico City numerous times and to many cities in Central and Douth America. I would take Portugal over Mexico and most central and South American cities.  Ntyyet weather, closer to many cosmopolitan cities and safer.  My wife and so are planning to move in early 2019.  I lived in the Melbourne area for 3 years (Sandringham and Bteighyon Neach).  You will enjoy Portugal over Melbourne.  Dan

Thanks for your reply and information. It's much appreciated as it is a big decision to make.

Which is the best city for a single retired woman to live in Portugal. I am not looking for a tourist area but with some expats. I am an Australian.
Barbara

It really depends on your budget when it comes to housing, but you should consider Cascais and Algarve if Lisbon and Oporto are not an option.