Room mates

Where can I find room mates in the DR. I am thinking of renting a place but want a room mate or two.

Whwre in. DR ate you located?

Cabarete

Id. S be interested...pllease let me know what you come up with.

I am a woman and would be sharing a place with other women or couples. I don't know about living with single men since there are so.many variables and ways that can go

Yes understood

Not an easy thing to resolve. Go with what makes you most comfotable.  Like raising a dog or a child, the first word to teach them is NO! There are many good dudes here, however, like finding a good woman, it ain't an easy chore. Patience is the key. Good luck &  welcome to the forum & the island.

You are funny and thank you. I like the part about like raising a dog or a child.

Hey guys, I have two rooms I'm looking to fill in a 3 bedroom villa between Cabarete and Sosua between August and the end of July next year. Yes, I am male but totally harmless. ;-)

I would insist on having a couple discussions in advance of making a decision to see if it would be a good fit for either of us.

Feel free to contact me directly if you're looking for a place.

I feel bad for totally harmless, was it an accident or did it occur in some military action? I'm just funning with you. I hope you laugh at me, many others do. Good luck to both of you in your room mate search! Welcome to the area.  Separate bath rooms, full kitchen access ETC?

Hahaha...definitely harmless until someone messes with me or my friends or roommates.  Thanks Tinker!

Marine Corps background has some perks! Hope you're doing well my friend!

Hahaha...definitely harmless until someone messes with me or my friends or roommates.  Thanks Tinker!

Marine Corps background has some perks! Hope you're doing well my friend!

Glad that you are here, got your six.

And yes, there are 4.5 bathrooms and full use of the kitchen...treat it like it's your own place.  Clean up after yourself, be respectful, have a good attitude and be genuine! Not looking for drama by any means.  But you get bonus points if you are the type of person who enjoys giving back to the community.

I know you do...just as I will always have yours!  You've been helpful beyond compare and I can't thank you enough!

Well looks like this is working well. Also consider the Facebook group everything Cabarete

You already said thank you. That is enough.   "The cup runnth over" means stuff going to waste, spend it elsewhere.  A friend has a large house with the same facilities, that he wants to sell.  There are good folks looking for a decent rental at this time of the year.  Good hunting, it is open season.  How much are the rooms? Long term possible? Where is it?  Etc, etc?

The rooms would be around $650/month and that should cover all utilities as well.  I will be there for 12 months so that's about as long term as I can go.  I will also entertain short term so if someone only needs a place to stay for a month or two, that's fine.  My objective is solely to keep my expenses low.  The villa is in Puerta Plata, gated, secured community between Sosua and Cabarete. 1 minute walk to the beach.

EACH room $650?  Did you rent the governor's palace?

Lol...it's quite large...7500 sq ft. I figured I may not ever have an opportunity to do this again so go big or don't go.

Regardless, it will be comfortable for the time I'm there.

:-)

Price way too high for the lack of privacy. Can lease a large condo or "viila" for that amount.  Good luck, you'll need it.

Tinker, this is a villa (single family home as we call it in the states...lol) with complete privacy. There are only about 18 homes in the neighborhood of this gated/secured 24x7 community.  If you still think 2k/mo is too much for this place, let me know. I have a 5k sq ft house in North Carolina on the Albemarle Sound which I pay about the same amount.  The only thing I don't have with this place is a chef but I'm certainly willing to get one if my future roommates are on board.  I have daily maid service (except Sundays), gardener to take care of the lawn and exterior, and someone who takes care of the pool.  2k sounds like a bargain to me...

What you are paying is not unreasonable if you think it's good.  What someone else thinks is good is about them and their budget.

Good luck and I hope you find roommates.