Noise music

I live in the province in Bicol. People play loud music so everyone can hear it reqardless of if they want to hear it or not. Many times this go until 3-4 am.

I understand there is a law that states music should stop at 10 or 12 pm. But like other laws here they are not enforced. And the people do what they want.

I love the country but lack order and disregard for others is making me want to leave the Philippines.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Going to ba run guy captain here does no good. Nor to police.

Anything other than leaving is going to be ignored or met with local opposition.  We have some karaoke heroes in our barangay, but they quiet down after 10 PM, so I usually only have to deal with roosters, dogs and cats

wayne philippines and to people here is way of life, can someone change this not really not soon anyway, and most likely not in our lifetime, but there is lack of police patrolling any area at all, they chose to seat drink coffee booz, or play cards or have a woman in to entertain them for a day, this is the police here, always hiding, use to happen here too, knock on wood, but somehow it is bit more quiet, maybe some bad ones moved out who knows, but if they play 11pm is cut off by the sound of it, maybe our BERGY had some thing to do with it, dogs are not a problem, cats are sometimes working on how to kill them but, they took my little chick i bought for my son, have not forgotten it yet, war with animals here, the only thing i can complain about is loud noise from motor bike and cars, trucks, but then we live on main road, so it is not a real complaint as it is expected to have this kind of noise I think. all in all to have a good relaxing days or night one must have good sound proofing in the home, for them is all ok, for us maybe not so much..

I guess if you have complain try the Barangay first usually they are willing to help as long as you tell them in courteous way.

Regards

Boom-Boom is the music of the Philippines and is everywhere from trycikads to fiestas.
I find that if I'm tired I will sleep.
If you complain nothing will happen and you will become the whining foreigner. 
Three choices here. Ignore it and get an afternoon siesta. Waste your time complaining. Move to a quieter location.

BRGY is ok i guess, but problem with it is everyone will know, as you all know they do not keep secrets, and special if you foreigner for sure everyone will know, down side to that is more noise and even closer to your house, no sleep at all, your punishment by your neighbours haha that will be funny, best to try and ingorite as much, sometimes this noises go away by themselves, soon or later this will try to respect you, do not forget they already know you don't like noise, all foreigners are the same, especially at older foringres. they know what we like or don't like, they talk, walls talk here..

Gentlemen I live in the Philippines most of my life I agree with the noise of the Tricycles and Jeepneys.  In our place party are tolerated occasionally otherwise if it becames habitual the Brgy will give you warning.  as far as im concern my place is quite after 10pm  till 4am even the trike are not allowed to have loud music after 10pm.  By the way I live in Las Pinas.

my suggestion is if you are living in a village try also to talk to the homeowner club they can help you also.

Regards

Wayne 07 wrote:

I live in the province in Bicol. People play loud music so everyone can hear it reqardless of if they want to hear it or not. Many times this go until 3-4 am.

I understand there is a law that states music should stop at 10 or 12 pm. But like other laws here they are not enforced. And the people do what they want.

I love the country but lack order and disregard for others is making me want to leave the Philippines.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Going to ba run guy captain here does no good. Nor to police.

Noise is typically the biggest complaint of foreigners here, and there's not much we can do about it other than move.  As westerners, we're not used to that helpless feeling of not having a way to remedy the situation, and it makes us feel like less than a man to just leave instead of dealing with the troublemaker.  But it's really all you can do here.  Definitely the worst part of living here, for me. 

Also, noise is a big reason why it's best to just rent and not plant roots, IMO.  You never know when your previously peaceful abode will become uninhabitable.  Being stuck there long-term due to ownership could possibly drive you insane.  I've lived all over here....in the province, city and in between.  Now I have an affordable, little apartment In Mactan island.  It's not much, and there's really not much to do around here....but its extremely quiet, day and night.  I love it!  :)

Wayne 07 wrote:

You are supposed to bring over inasal and red horse and thank them for the free music.

Be glad you do not live in America. Late night music is much worse.

Whatever you do, do NOT complain to anyone about it. You might end up being the one that is silenced.

Balut_breath

I read your response. I realize Filipino people are very patience. That's one of the reason it took them a long time to get feed up and over throw Marcos.

I do choice my battles. But I feel Filipinos need to speak up more and be less quite. I am more patient having live here for a while.

But there is a law that says the time music should stop. It should not be being played all night long. So I choose to speak up and quote the law.

What is purpose of law if people are not going to obey it. The law is not a suggestion. Many people treat it that way and some jut let them get away with it.

I don't drink alcohol. Want start to silence the music. Change is started by someone speaking or standing up for what's right! I realize people are criticise and even die for standing up. Well I am a retired us marine and putting your life on the line is not strange for me. I have been there done that. Served in Vietnam!

Wayne 07 wrote:

Howdy Wayne,

It's just about the same everywhere in country. Different culture without a doubt. Only solutions would be to buy some wire cutters (not suggested) or move to a high rise condo or high end subdivision somewhere really. One solution I've seen work for another expat is when the videoke starts, have speakers that are better and play something so loud that they can not hear what they are playing. The guy I knew used recording of fighter jets taking off with afterburners lit. Very effective.
There are some areas that are more quiet than others but still there will be noisy parties etc from time to time. Takes a few years to kinda gete use to it.

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been put aside from this thread.

All the best,
Bhavna