What visa is needed

Hi guys. I'm a British citizen my fiance is filipino.. his living back there now and I'm hoping to move there.
Can anyone tell me which visa is the best to get. I dont have a job yet.
If I go on extended tourist visa and then find a job can I change my visa in manila?

Thanks

The short answer is 'yes'; it will be possible to change your Visa once you have arrived in the Philippines.  And you most likely will require a work permit as well.   However, without special skills that are in demand here in the Philippines, it may be difficult to obtain any employment for yourself.   
My suggestion is to first arrive here on your free 30 day entry and check the place out where your Finance wants you to live.  Once you are here you can extend your stay up to 6 months and beyond.
As a foreigner, you just might become disillusioned with the employment scene for yourself in this country.

main visas for foreigners:
13A: permanent resident, married to a filipina
47A: local employment and with limitations (like you have to leave the country after cancellation of your visa, but you can come back of course)
9G: local employment with higher advantages than 47A
Retirement visa: offered to anyone who is not working and getting pansion from abroad

The best thing is that you can keep your tourist visa for unlimited if you like, and you can convert it anytime to any other type