Close

Experience in Palau

Hi,

I arrived in Palau last April 22, 2009 after my retirement with National Power Corporation as the Division Manager for 28 years of dedicated service.
Was hired by Palau Public Utilities Corporation to managed the Power System from 2009 to 2013. PPUC is a small electric utility serving 6,000 customers. Presently am incharge of the Power Generation for the entire island including the three outlying states of Angaur, Peleliu and Kayangel from 2014 to present. I have a very challenging role with 24/7 on call. The only manager of PPUC under the Electric Power Operation that has so many subordinates.
Despite of my challenging role, am very active with various extra curricular activities:
1. President of Palau Ilonggo Association - 2009 - 20012 - the only Ilonggo that became a President after
                    3 arrival in Palau.
2. Sacred Heart Parish Church: - 2010 - Present
      1. Chairman of Sto. Nino
      2. Vice Chairperson of Parish Pastoral Council
      3. Choir Master - Sunday morning mass
      4. Head of Lay Minister
3. Chairman of Filipino Basketball League - 2015 - 2016
4. Chairman of Comelec for Filipino Association Election in 2012 and 2014.
5. Palau Chess Federation:
     1. Palau Delegation to World Chess Olympiad in Russia, September 2010.
     2. Participated in Guam International Tournament in July 2015.
     3. Participated in Malaysia International Tournament in September 2016.
     4. Participated in New Zealand International Tournament in January 2016.
6. International Speakers:
    1. Technical Speaker during the Pacific Power Association Conference held in Palau last July 2013.
    2. Technical Speaker during the Pacific Power Association Conference held in Marshall Islands last
               July 2015.
    3. Technical Speaker during the Pacific Power Association Conference held in Apia Samoa last
               July 2017.
    4. Technical Speaker during the Energy Summit held in Palau last August 2017.
7. International Training/Seminars:
    1. Pohnpei - September 2013.
    2. Marshall Islands - July 2015
    3. Apia, Samoa - July 2017
    4. Suva, Fiji - October 2017
8. International Meeting:
    1. Niigata main Office ,Tokyo, Japan - March 2017
    2. Toshiba main Office, Tokyo, Japan - December 2017
9. Member of Zumba Fun in Palau - every Monday, Wednesday and Friday ( schedule of exercise)