I overstyed in the Philippines

I overstayed here in the Philippines for 6years, I applied for recognition as Filipino citizen, I want to go back to US but it scares me, I wonder what would happen to me upon my arrival in the airport. Would they ask me if why I overstayed in Philippines? and what should I do upon my arrival. I hope somebody could give me advices. Thanks a lot.

Sasha

Yes they will ask you why,then be ready to pay a big penalty in US dollars.

So I will need to pay big amount upon arrival in US?

More than likely, you will have to pay the Philippines for your overstay.  As long as you have proper documentation, valid US passport or valid (non expired) Green Card (Visa) you should not have any issues with entering the US.

You will need to pay 300k pesos in the Philippines and NOT upon arrival in USA, otherwise they will not let you go. And most probably you will get entry ban to the Philippines.

I don't need to pay in the Philippines anymore, the payment has been waived coz I have been recognized as Filipino Citizen, I have an Identification Certificate which made to waive the overstaying fine in the Philippines. What I wanna know is, upon arrival in US, would they ask me also for staying outside US that long? Would they also penalize me? I'm a US Passport holder.
Thank you

If you are a US Citizen then you would have been expected to pay US income tax every year on you'd world wide income.  Are you still a US citizen?  If so there is no penalty for living outside the country.

Yes I am still a US Citizen, I'm just worried about what would happen to me in the Immigration during the time of my Arrival in Guam, it's my first time to go back after 6 long years.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE WHO ANSWERED ME.... I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR EFFORTS AND HELP... :)

As long as you have a current US passport, you will have no problems entering the US.

Right thanks a lot, the feeling of being nervous just got away

I know in Australia, and if we go back after 5 years away, we need to supply documents for returning Citizen to own Country, one way or the other they will need something from you, best is go to USA Embassy site and check it out or few phone calls all is worth researching before you go.

thank you so much for the advices

Sasha Antonio wrote:

So I will need to pay big amount upon arrival in US?

Visit official WEB-site of American government. It will be more reliable. Or ask immigration company. This forum is not the perfect place to ask same important questions.

Yes thanks for your good answer Mister?

Are you a US Citizen, or Filipino dual citizenship if your US citizen you can stay out as long as you want if your on green card from US might be issues if your Filipino

Okieboy wrote:

Are you a US Citizen, or Filipino dual citizenship if your US citizen you can stay out as long as you want if your on green card from US might be issues if your Filipino

Post #8 she claims to be a US citizen.