REGARDING MY PASSPORT RENEWAL (BAHRAIN)

Hi everyone,

i am prakash mohapatra working in kingdom Bahrain as a Regulatory Affairs Administartor, my passport is going to be expired on sep-2018 & i have valid work visa till 15 sep 2018.

i want to go india on vacation in march & sheduled to be back on 14th April 2018,

my question is do i have to renew my passport because i may require 06 months validity to enter bahrain.

one more thing my visa will be in the old passport having the old passport number on it do i have to stamp the visa in my new passport.

You can leave and enter.  You are a resident in Bahrain.

Your passport has to be valid for 6 months if you are entering and / or applying for visa for other countries. 

You can stamp the visa in the new passport once you get it.  Straightforward process; take both passports to immigration.

Ok sir thank you so much. one more thing i want to ask you while booking my ticket i used my old passport number do i have to amend the same in the ticket when i will receive my new passport

No. It doesn't matter in the ticket

Yes, actually there is no issue.

But if I were you, i wouldn't take that chance. It is more guarantee for you if you renew your passport before travel. Because in this kind of Middle East countries some officers may apply arbitrary regulations.

i got my new passport and also i got the new visa in it but in the LMRA website the place of issue of the passport is showing for the old passport (Bhubaneswar) but actually my new passport is issued in Bahrain

Where does it show place of issue?  it doesn't show it in express services so are you referring to EMS?

In EMS, it only shows under expat details (general functions menu) and it doesn't exactly show the place but only the country.  So even if you passport was issued in Bahrain, it will still show the country.

I wouldn't worry about it.

i checked in the expat portal it is showing Bhubaneswar my old passport issued place. everything changed except the passport place of issue which supposed to be Bahrain instead of Bhubaneswar

it is showing expat portal My Information

I wouldn't worry about it.  My son's shows as Pakistan but passport was issued in UAE; same for daughter and her passport was issued in Bahrain.

The passport number, names and expiry dates need to match.

OK SIR THANKS