Close

Moving to Salalah on a Job opportunity(UAE Automatic Driving License)

Dear All,

I have just started job in Oman.I will be moving to Salalah. I have got the Labor Card with me. I really want to drive in Salalah. People are saying that UAE Automatic driving license is not valid in Oman but you can drive yellow number plate car.Can any one give me proper answer. If I can drive a yellow number plate car what is the need of changing driving license.

Kind Regards,

People are saying that UAE Automatic driving license is not valid in Oman but you can drive yellow number plate car

You can not drive a yellow registration number car with a UAE license. The yellow registration plate is for the private vehicles that can only be driven by people who have valid Omani resident card and not anyone else.

However, the red registration plate (Commercial/rent a car) vehicle is permitted to be driven by the people having other country visas. But once you obtain the Omani labour card with another Asian country's license, you can not drive the red numbered vehicle even without obtaining an Omani driving license.