Raising kids in South Africa

Hello everyone,

How is raising kids in South Africa different from raising kids in your home country?

What are the activities that your kids seem to enjoy the most in South Africa?

Do you feel that the country is "family-friendly"?

Do you recommend South Africa as a good place to raise kids? Why or why not?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Overall, South Africa offer a lovely environment for families. We were living in Johannesburg and  I could find many entertainment and stimulating areas for my kids where they play and sociaise with other children like parks, natural reserves, good restaurants with play yards such as Papachino, Pampanani, and smile cafe. In terms of schooling, there are many that offer excellent education.
That been said, you have to be careful and watch your children closely when touring the streets and shopping centers as we hear about kids kidnapping every now and then.

Goof luck

Hi there,

South Africa is actually underated by many foreigners. Although it is a second world country the life here is very luxurious and people are spoilt.

Besides crime, which I believe every country in the world has this problem.
The only major problem here is the transport system. It is costly and difficult to go around if you don't have your own vehicle.
Raising kids here entirely depends on the area that you will reside in. There are very nice areas /estates with good schools,and parks but honestly speaking if you are considering moving to South Africa with the main focus of raising your children then I would highly recommend you to rethink and maybe find out more about countries like Denmark and Canada as they have a better schooling system and definitely has a family friendly environment.
In SA You can not go out for long walks or to the parks out of the estate that you will live in, the chances of you getting mugged will be very high. (but it is very safe as long as you are inside your estate/ security gated area.)
There are many beautiful estates that you can choose from which has school, restaurants, parks, golf course  and many more.

I hope my answer has  helped  you. All the best:)

i am staying alone.my family is at home

It's enjoyable staying in south africa with ur kids because the environment is gd and kids gets exposed to a number of modern things compared to other African countries