Close

Shipping an iMac and an electronic scooter with lithium Battery

Hi there, after reading number of different forums and topics, I still feel kinda lost whats the best solution I have. I am from Malta,  Europe, and soon planning to live in Brazil. I am thinking to maybe ship an iMac 27 inch and a an iscooter with lithium battery. I don't know if i am hundred percent correct, but i've read that if the items are older than 6 months old you don't pay taxes and if you are gonna live temporary or permanent you wont either. Apart from taxes whats the best solution i have to ship the 27inch iMac, by sea or by land, i even tried to see if the computer fits into the checked in luggage but probably I have to buy a bigger one if i intend to ship it by air. And I would like to ship the scooter too and actually thinking if maybe i can put it into the luggage ( need a bigger luggage too) but the huge risk I encounter is that the battery is 280wh and thats a huge battery for airlines.

Check directly with your airline about any unusual cargo as I know there are concerns about batteries.

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil