Is there a border run group that could use another member?

Drove my  scooter to the nearest border crossing showing on Google Map. 14 hour round trip, and deadly. Got to Laos border but nobody there to let me in, just hand scribbled sign that said "stop". Turns out entering Laos there wouldn't have done me any good anyway. The Vietnamese border agents explained that even if I could have gotten into Laos, they couldn't give me the kind of visa stamp I needed because I was at a 'national border' rather than an 'international border'. Looks like I'm in for a much longer trip next time (which has to be very soon), and I'm not up to driving it on my scooter.

Assuming your in Da Nang....why not get a VOA online , about $40 all up including airport stamping and get the cheapest return international flight .     

14 hours on a scooter risking life and limb sounds like fun though.

Yogi's on a visa run now......I'll be away about 3 weeks , but I like the change in scenery.

Yogi007 wrote:

Yogi's on a visa run now......I'll be away about 3 weeks , but I like the change in scenery.

We've been on a very early visa run for the last 2 months. Another few weeks to go before we return to the land of the scooters and face masks.

Never having had to make a visa run, I am curious.  Unless you have an ASEAN passport, don't you have to have a visa to enter Cambodia or do they make an exception for these immediate turn around busses?

If your doing the Moc Bai visa run you have to enter Cambodia ($30 visa fee) and before the glue is dry on the stamp you walk straight back out again.   You'd be there for less than a minute.  Asean passport holders would mainly be except from the visa requirement.