Is it possible to rent a flat with a visitor VISA of 90 days ?

I need to rent a flat in HK for less than 3 months, with utility bill in my name. Can I do it with a visitor VISA ?


Renting is possible. Many service apartment companies offer flats paid by the trimester or by the month (note: they are quite expensive)

The utility bill might be a challenge, though. Even mobile phone contracts are typically offered for one year minimum. To be honest, the reason why you are asked to provide one is probably because the people asking do not want to deal with customers on a visitor's visa.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Hong Kong

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hong Kong

Moving to Hong Kong

Find tips from professionals about moving to Hong Kong

Travel insurance in Hong Kong

Enjoy stress-free travel to Hong Kong