Renew passport

I M looking to seek provisional residency in the dr and so my question is can I renew my passport in the dr at the us embassy or do I have to return to the USA to do that???

I believe they will send it to the USA  with their  consulate mail system for you. I do not think you need to actually go to the USA.

Thank you ...

You are welcome

You can renew your passport here with no problem.  We did ours about 2 years ago.  We applied at the consulate in Puerto Plata.  They then sent it to Santo Domingo and from there to the US and back again.  The whole process took about 3 weeks and they delivered them to our house here.  Piece of cake.

Bob K

Do they take passport photos there or where would I get that done?

You need to go to your local embassy with everything you need ready, it is different for each country.

There are all kinds of small photo places where they take passport photos. Find one wherever you are. In some cases thoses photos need to be signed by a "professional" who knows you stating it is actually you.

Again each country may be different.

Getting photos done is easy.  Lots of photo shops around that are used to taking photos for US passports.

Bob K

You can probably check on line for your passport renewal and it may tell you how to apply for your passport renewal abroad.  I'm not American but as a Canadian we are able to do that.  I usually print out all of the material (which is available on-line), get my photos at the near by copy place and off I go.  New passport within 2 weeks.  Not a problem.

I filled out the app online and printed a copy.....now all I need is a couple of photos and call the embassy for an appointment.....Thanks!

Our work here is done!!!

Good luck

Bob K

Good to know DominicanadaMike. I was wondering about the myself.