Close

Need Help with Migration to Canada

Dear All,

First of all, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all who would post their valuable feedback in here to help me out. Let me tell you a brief about myself and my wife, in order to help you understand me better.

I am an Indian and is currently employed as Product Development Manager - Kotak Life (Life Insurance Company). I have almost 7.5 years of experience in Product Development (Life Insurance). I have done B.Tech (Biotectchnology) & PGDM (Risk Management). How I ended up in Life Insurance after doing graduation in BioTechnology is a long story ! Let's not get into that now.

My wife is a Branch Manager - ICICI Bank (No. 1 Private Bank in India). And she has 10 years of experience in Banking across various profile (Retail Banking, Corporate Sales, Operations, Loan, Credit Card).  We are also blessed with a 10 month old girl.

Now, I am thinking to migrate to Canada to provide a better future for kiddo. The thing is I do not know which part of Canada has more jobs related to Financial Services - Banking & Insurance. I would request you guys to help me out.

Also, since I have only 20,000 CAD with me to afford to spend while I land in Canada, we have decided instead of both leaving jobs together, my wife will go first and look for job, since it's easier to get a job in Banks rather than Insurance. Once she gets a job, I would shift to Canada. Though, we are applying for PR together.

So to summarize I have the following questions :
1) Which part of Canada has more jobs related to Financial Services - Banking & Insurance ?
2) Where should a single lady stay - in a 1 Bed Apartment or Paying Guest ? Which would be cheaper ?
3) Based on my initial budget how many months she can spend there without job ?
4) Do you think my way of proceeding is viable ?

I would be very glad if you could post honest feedback to help me out.

Regards

Expatriate health insurance in Toronto

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Toronto

Moving to Toronto

Find tips from professionals about moving to Toronto

Travel insurance in Toronto

Enjoy stress-free travel to Toronto