Close

Filipino in France needs your opinion about the document....

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in this forum and I would like to ask something important. I am a Filipino living in France and widowed. Me and my fiancé is getting married in Germany soon and we are now in the final stage in doing the marriage bann. The Standesamt requested me to get this paper

Aktuelle Bescheinigung Familienstand „verwitwet“ vom philippinischen Konsulat in Frankreich (nicht älter als sechs Monate)

I don't understand what is this document exactly. I called the Philippine Embassy in Paris that I need this paper. They said they don't have such called paper and that they advised me to get the "cértificat de Coutume" instead. As far as I've known that the " certificat de coutume " is only needed for those who wants to marry in France. So I am confused what to do 😞 Anyone in here experience the same thing please? Is anyone knows or have any idea what is Beschenigung Familienstand? Please help....I am really confused and frustrated of not knowing what to do!😞

Shadow1123 :

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in this forum and I would like to ask something important. I am a Filipino living in France and widowed. Me and my fiancé is getting married in Germany soon and we are now in the final stage in doing the marriage bann. The Standesamt requested me to get this paper

Aktuelle Bescheinigung Familienstand „verwitwet“ vom philippinischen Konsulat in Frankreich (nicht älter als sechs Monate)

I don't understand what is this document exactly. I called the Philippine Embassy in Paris that I need this paper. They said they don't have such called paper and that they advised me to get the "cértificat de Coutume" instead. As far as I've known that the " certificat de coutume " is only needed for those who wants to marry in France. So I am confused what to do 😞 Anyone in here experience the same thing please? Is anyone knows or have any idea what is Beschenigung Familienstand? Please help....I am really confused and frustrated of not knowing what to do!😞

The document the embassy suggested may be suitable.  It's also referred to as a celibacy certificate. It's a document certifying your current marital status and whether you are free to marry.

The German authorities need an official certificate saying that you are able to marry (i.e. not already married). In your case, this is a paper saying that you are widowed ("Familienstand verwitwet").
You better ask on the France or Philippines forum what such a document is called there.

romaniac :
Shadow1123 :

The document the embassy suggested may be suitable.  It's also referred to as a celibacy certificate. It's a document certifying your current marital status and whether you are free to marry.

Hi, Romaniac, thanks for your reply. They knew already that I am widowed as they asked again my Cenomar. According to them they just need this paper "familienstand " to prove that I didn't get married in France for the last few months. Sigh.....it's really confusing!😞

Thank you Beppi, I will try to ask again. Hope to get a clearer answer by then. I will keep you posted in here. Thanks again.

This shows for the umpteenth time that marrying a foreigner in Germany is not a good idea, as the authorities are blockheads and place (from a foreign perspective) unreasonable demands and restrictions.
It is far easier to marry elsewhere (e.g. Denmark, Las Vegas or Singapore) and have it recognised here!

Expatriate health insurance in Germany

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Germany

Moving to Germany

Find tips from professionals about moving to Germany

Travel insurance in Germany

Enjoy stress-free travel to Germany