Close

Can I trust self-assessment tool result?

I am working at oil major as a machinery engineer in oversea and trying to find a position in Singapore.

I have been told by hiring manager that he would consider me, then when he checked with HR, he been told that HR can't justify my qualification to government.

- got engineering degree at one of AU universities
- got almost 2 years of exp as machinery engineer (both at Europe and Asia)
- average income of S$5,800.

I checked my qualification via SAT, and result says

"Based on the information you have provided, the individual is likely to qualify for both Employment Pass (EP) and S Pass.

This does not represent an approval and the result does not take into account:

1) The Employer's Profile (e.g lack of quota for S Passes) and
2) Candidate's Antecedent (e.g previous offence)
These will be evaluated when you make the actual application."

1) I think this is only applicable for S passes case. If the company is after this option, a guy who I am replacing the quota is also a foreigner and will leave the company.
2) I do have a documentation which shows clear evidence to support this. (no history of offence)

So by looking at the result, I guess I would be able to apply however, I just wonder whether there is additional restrictions that government enforces these days on foreign workforce?

Is it really hard for a big firm group to get a work pass from government?

The answer is certainly yes by reducing the numbers in both EPs and S passes almost 40% compare to
last two years. But, I certainly believe if your job role is at niche level and lack of candidature availability  locally then there is nothing wrong to hire a foreigner. Good luck

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy stress-free travel to Singapore

Flights to Singapore

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Singapore