Housing Is it better to build or buy

We have not decided  where to live as yet.  We are tossing between Iloilo, Bacolod, San Fernando La Unoin or Dumaguete . Is it better to build or buy. I do not want a two story house as I am getting a bit long in the tooth for the stairs all the time.

personaly i wood build and if i was not dooing the building my self i wood supervise all the time,just to make sure all is done as i want it to be done

greets Dirk

ps: i have seen your places that you are looking at to live,not my choise,we had a ausi visitor and he rented the house next door as he love it so much here in Mati hehe,before he rented in Manila

I have been told by a lot of Filipinos  friends Iloilo and Bacolod are good places to live.As iwill be visiting in July I will make up my mind then.I hope to get some more replies on whether to build or buy by then.

Hi
It's better to build your house , but you HAVE TO STAY and follow the construction !!
Don't leave until the end , otherwise you will have some surprise...
You have to check the constructions as much as possible.

Or if you don't have this time you can buy a house .

Buy or build depends of your situation

I would say the answer depends on your availability to supervise, as mentioned by others here, but also your knowledge of home construction.  If you don't know much about steel-reinforced concrete construction, plumbing, electrical and other trades, how will you know if your house is being built well?