Close

August 2017 ADEC New Hire - Security Clearance Question

Hi there!

I have been offered a teaching position in the UAE beginning August 2017. I'm VERY excited, but very confused, as I don't quite understand why applicants are kept in the dark about security clearance and visa applications, especially when the process is so lengthy, uncertain, and candidates want to leave their current school districts in ethical manners. All of my documents were submitted early, and I just have a few questions. Who does the security clearance, UAE immigration or another agency? Does the security clearance happen before they send your visa application to immigration, or does it take place after your application is sent? What keeps you from being cleared? I've read of some people being denied clearance even though they have no criminal record. Is receiving your visa and ticket the only way you find out whether or not you were cleared, or does someone contact you if you weren't? I'm sorry about all the questions, but January to August is a long wait with no correspondence in between, and even though the recruiters tell you not to resign before getting a ticket, there is a resignation window in most districts. I don't want my certificate sanctioned or to be banned from the district I'm in as a penalty for resigning after the window closes, due to this process. Anyone else been in my position or currently in my position? I would appreciate any helpful responses. TIA

Your application was reviewed these time , took long time, long process and probably now in final stage. Therefore, immigration required the clearance certificate to process your visa asap.  I think you must submit this without further delay and like same procedure of other countries.

I'm not sure I understand; I've already submitted everything.

Who does the security clearance, UAE immigration or another agency?  from your country

Does the security clearance happen before they send your visa application to immigration, or does it take place after your application is sent? after your application is sent. I think this clearance having some validity once issued, may be 3 months maximum.

What keeps you from being cleared? I've read of some people being denied clearance even though they have no criminal record. Police security clearance from your country where stating and proving that there is no criminal record

Is receiving your visa and ticket the only way you find out whether or not you were cleared, or does someone contact you if you weren't? nobody contact you for this.
Visa will issue only after submitting clearance document and ticket after issuing the visa.

Is this clear for you?

A little. Thanks!  :)

My husband was in a very similar situation with ADVETI. He received the initial job offer in May. We didn't move until January. The background check completed by the UAE govt seems to be the usual hold up. Your visa and final contract won't be processed until after that approval.

HI Friends, any one got Final offer forADVETI  this year 2017.  i got inertial offer but now news for final offer

Moving to the United Arab Emirates

Find tips from professionals about moving to the United Arab Emirates

International Wealth Management in the United Arab Emirates

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs in the United Arab Emirates

Travel insurance in the United Arab Emirates

Enjoy stress-free travel to the United Arab Emirates

Flights to the United Arab Emirates

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the United Arab Emirates