Best places to live in philippines

Can you tellme more about Davao,im sure its a beautiful city,but im worried about it being in southern mindanao?Is it safe for a U.S. citizen?Im exploring my optcions as where i plan to relocate there in Philippines,any advice will be greatly apreciated,salamat po.

some people love davao    it is a huge city though     
quiet and peaceful  and if u read the news   nothing ever bad happens there     that is  if u believe what is reported in the news...
I liked it there for the year and a half i lived there  and i know a lot of guys that do love it there     but i know a lot of guys that have moved away from there in recent years       so  its really  one of those things           

I have a lovely idea for ya          go there and check it out and see for yourself          u can ask all you would like   but unless  u get on a plane and see      well u will never  ever know   

u speak to people they say its safe  u speak to other people  and  they say  it is ruled by a thug    u speak to other people  and  they  have no idea where the philippines is

nara nimo     meaning  its up to u  what u would like and want mate       u got to get here first    have a look around  and live somewhere

one mas paradise  is another means headache after all

if ever i have a chance iwill go visit there,but my preference is visayas,thanks

yes i live in salcedo village i love it,  Davoe is definitly fantastic to and very safe

Davao I lived there for a few months some years back.  A clean city and safe.  I liked Samal island across from Davao as well for  swimming and hagerley springs for the walk and fresh water swim. Nice malls good shopping.  If you like big cities it is a good place to be.  C.D.O. is nice if you want a smaller town that offers as much. Little cheaper here. and a little dirtier as well but a safe town.

James Mitchel wrote:

Davao I lived there for a few months some years back.  A clean city and safe.  I liked Samal island across from Davao as well for  swimming and hagerley springs for the walk and fresh water swim. Nice malls good shopping.  If you like big cities it is a good place to be.  C.D.O. is nice if you want a smaller town that offers as much. Little cheaper here. and a little dirtier as well but a safe town.

Where is C.D.O. James...Never heard of it????

Cagayan De Oro  C.D.O  Has the military base right outside of town. So very safe here and less problems than Davao.  Cheaper to live here. town is a little dirtier than Davao. Known for its Universities here. Has 4 big malls and 2 big markets, good public beach and many private beachs.  I know of 2 expats who have died here. 1 wrecked his motorcicle. His fault. And one died 2 days ago on the toilet. Heart problem. Less traffic than Davao as well but we do have 3 rush hours a day here.  Many expats from Davao move here and say it is better here.  We have 2 expat groups I know of here.  Been to both and never heard of a safety problem from them for expats.

James M B wrote:

Cagayan De Oro  C.D.O  Has the military base right outside of town. So very safe here and less problems than Davao.  Cheaper to live here. town is a little dirtier than Davao. Known for its Universities here. Has 4 big malls and 2 big markets, good public beach and many private beachs.  I know of 2 expats who have died here. 1 wrecked his motorcicle. His fault. And one died 2 days ago on the toilet. Heart problem. Less traffic than Davao as well but we do have 3 rush hours a day here.  Many expats from Davao move here and say it is better here.  We have 2 expat groups I know of here.  Been to both and never heard of a safety problem from them for expats.

What kind of military base is there???

Philippine Army base is here.  You see them in town often.  Most just in town shopping or out with there wife and kids or girlfriend. Has white water rafting as well.  I have never had a problem here except for J Walking down town. That they will speak to you for and even give a ticket.  Rest of the area is safe and friendly. But down town has strict  traffic enforcement here. And a nice central to set in and park a few blocks away.  If you go behind Tune hotel a few blocks then off to the left about 4 blocks on a Sat. night that area is very loud and full of students.  But all towns have there problem area.

I really can't think why a mother of even one child would want to relocate to living in Manila/Makati.  Your children will find better opportunities in other countries.  For you and your husband, no problem, if you like living with all that traffic, air-pollution, humid heat, and crime.  In my opinion, its no place to raise children.  You certainly can do better in other parts of the world: go to Australia, New Zealand, Canada or Germany for the sake of your children.