Close

Siem Reap thing to do beside temple

Hi all today  Like to post a things to do and see  in siem reap for experiences
walk in village to see locate people rice collection from rice farm
enjoy with cooking class or home stay at remote village.
ride buffalo Buffalo Cart at village

Sarath

pub street and a mine museum

Oh good

Plenty of things to do but not well advertised, especially because most of travelers stay around 3 days or so in Siem Reap.

Agree with Sarath that countryside is where you may find the most interesting and authentic things to do.

I would definitely recommend anyone to go cycling around the countryside for a visit to a pagoda, photo shooting of buffaloes and birds around some fields and red dirt roads. Just get lost (rent your bike, e-bike, etc.) or book a cycling tour with Grasshopper.

You may also enjoy activities like Angkor Wat Putt Mini Golf or Lily's Secret Garden Cooking class, both in the countryside too. Most of Cooking classes bring you to local markets, pagodas or Cambodian family house. And then go shopping in a Cambodian workshops like Cambolac (lacquer products), it is way better than big crowded night markets.

Then you can compare other things to do. Just Google them, check their tripadvisor reviews...

Hope everyone enjoys Cambodia like I do.

Cheers!

Also good advise i agree

My sister and I made to Cambodia. Stayed in Phnom Penh for the night and caught the bus to Siem Reap the next day. What an absolutely beautiful country, filled with  wonderful people. So far we've visited a couple of the most magnificent temples (not been to Angkor Wat yet), received the Buddhist water blessings,  toured the Puck Silk Farm, went to the Killing fields memorial, visited several local villages and had a chance to talk to them ( the only words we know are thank you, hello and how are you?) - we managed basic communication through  series of comedic mimes which had them in fits of laughter, prayed at the main Buddha site in the city, had the privilege to see the Reclining Buddha. We were lucky enough to visit Lotus farms and Rice fields, had delicious meals prepared by locals in their homes - eaten fresh papaya, mangoes and bananas (something we don't get to do in New Zealand). The food is out of this world - I love the food stalls, restaurants and family owned stores. People are just so helpful and friendly. I love waking up in Siem Reap, seeing the farmers take their Brahma cows and water buffalo into the paddocks next to our apartment. And the roads - I tell you - you would ever see anything like it in New Zealand, the USA or Australia, Cambodians are so thoughtful, they dont stress or threaten to run others over when crossing the road, they don't yell or belittle other motorists. We plan to get out more, go to the theatre, check out more parks and the countryside,  Yes , indeed - Cambodia is among one of the best countries in the world. Hospitality, food, the people and culture is outstanding... and I havent even had the chance to have an alcoholic  drink or two. Kudos to you Cambodia - I shall miss you when I leave for my next destination.

Apsara performance with dinner is always one of my recommendations.

The most cost-effective Aspara dance performance with buffet dinner is at Koulen, across from Lucky Mall. Suggest you book your table in person the day before so you won't be buried among bus tour participants.

Expatriate health insurance in Siem Reap

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Siem Reap

Moving to Siem Reap

Find tips from professionals about moving to Siem Reap

Travel insurance in Siem Reap

Enjoy stress-free travel to Siem Reap