Exploring Yokohama

Yokohama is a really wonderful city and probably the place where I would choose to live should I ever decide to move to Japan.

With a long rich history, it was the first harbour city in Japan to open up to foreigners and is now an international trading port. With a population of around 3.7 million people, Yokohama has developed into a beautiful and cultural city that tourists love to visit and explore.

Being only 25 minutes train ride from Tokyo Station and 16 minutes ride from Shinagawa Station, Yokohama is definitely a city within easy commuting distance to Tokyo. Indeed, many commuters choose to live in Yokohama where the cost of living is less expensive than in Tokyo.

Having visited the city many times, these are some of my favourite places.

I have been living in Yokohama for the past three years and it is where I want to stay.  There are many other cities that I  would love to spend a few months in each (Sapporo, Nagoya, Fukuoka, and Nagasaki)  But when it is all said and done I could not ask for a better place to live.  As you noted the convenience to Tokyo is one benefit, but we have many attractions, museums, festivals, and the people are friendly.  Since my move here I have walked the entire city and see something new each day.  If you are considering a move here let me know if you have any questions I can answer about my experience.

I love Yokohama. To me it's like the "San Francisco" of Japan.