Reputable Home FInancing?

Hello, new to the board.  I have been reading everything on the site.  There are a lot of very helpful people!  I have the opportunity to own outright a nice little house in the Dominican Republic for under US $70K!  I have spent many years in lots of countries including Panama and would like to take advantage of the opportunity.  I would have the money in like 6 to 9 months.  I am currently renovating and selling an investment home here in the states.  My question is.  If it's a time crunch issue.  Is there a bank or company that anyone knows of that would finance my purchase in the DR?  I know that there is no one here in the States who will risk mortgaging a home in Caribbean.  But, I am wary of the companies I see advertising Caribbean financing.  I would appreciate any references.

You might want to check a local bank here in the DR where you are purchasing.  Or anyway to secure a personal  loan in the US?

On line finance companies..... be very careful

BTW  welcome to the forum and let us know how things work out.

Bob K

Questions and answers about the banking system

Ask your question
Question on currency
By tappers

Expatriate health insurance in Las Terrenas

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Las Terrenas

Moving to Las Terrenas

Find tips from professionals about moving to Las Terrenas

Travel insurance in Las Terrenas

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Las Terrenas

Flights to Las Terrenas

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Las Terrenas