Student Visa for Germany

Please help me to answer this question, how to get Student Visa for Germany?

Once you have admission papers from a German university, you can apply for the student visa at your nearest German embassy.

okay and Thanks :)

The wonder of using Google. Here are a few sites in English that give information about the whole process: … _26604.php … udent-visa

Hello there everyone, I am new to this forum and this way of conversing with people. I am considering pursuing my MBA in Germany. I have my two aunts who live their and who's husbands are German Nationals, is there any way they can sponsor me for my further studies.
appreciate your response

This site should be able to answer most questions about studying in Germany

As of autumn 2016 one has to show that they have at least € 8,820 available to finance their studies in Germany. This level goes up on a regular basis and actual costs are often more.

If one falls short of this, sponsorship is theoretically possible. But the people signing are absolutely responsible then for your financial situation. Because of this, local relatives are probably the best bet.

What is NOT appropriate is expecting strangers to do it - even when claiming that one actually has the resources and they won't actually have to pay anything. This subject is highly contentious and appeals along these lines are NOT allowed here. This is inappropriate even if it is not a scam attempt, which it usually is.

A good thing in Germany is that some foreign students are allowed to work part time. The following information comes from the above mentioned site:

Earning money alongside studying is a way of life for many students in Germany. The latest social survey carried out by the Deutsche Studentenwerke shows that in total around two thirds of all students go to work.

For international students in particular a side job is an important means of subsistence. However, for students who do not come from the EU or EEA countries, work is restricted. Things are different for the majority of Europeans who practically stand on equal terms with German students and have free access to the job market.

Two warnings:

If you work too much and not in line with your qualifications, you lengthen the time of study. You should only use lecture-free time for going to work.

The job market for students is getting more and more difficult; jobs are becoming increasingly rarer.

International students who do not come from the EU cannot go self employed or work freelance!

If you want to work more than 120 full or 240 half days you need the approval of the Employment Agency and the Aliens Department. Whether you receive the approval depends on the situation of the job market in your place of study. In regions with high unemployment you will have little chance of working more than 120 days.

More in depth information about working in Germany as a foreign student is avaible at this site: … 436952.pdf

thank you Tominstuttgart for your response those were some really informative tips. As I have been delayed in applying in universities and I still want to apply for any session during Jan or feb Could you guide me in providing  any information on universities that have a summer intake as well. because waiting fro OCt 2017 seems to be too long for me.

There are 2 University semesters each year. The present one is ending Sept. 30th so it would be too late to get into the one next starting Oct. 1st, 2016 if you don't have the paper work done already.

The following semester should start April 1, 2017 and run to the end of Sept. 2017. Note that lectures actually run shorter, starting typically 2 weeks after semester begin and ending 5 weeks before semester end. In this time students finish papers, take exams etc.

I am posting a link to the Stuttgart University website below. There might be some differences to exact dates between different Universities but I imagine the approximate time schedules are pretty similar.

For details, contact the University you are applying to.

In English: … ex.en.html

In German: … index.html

?? entry requirement for MBA??

DAAD is not always gives better. is there any website?

Website for DAAD Deutsche Akademischer Austauschdienst or German Academic Exchange Service:

And here is another site in English with study requirement information for foreign students sponsored by DAAD and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research: … uirements/

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Berlin

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Berlin

Moving to Berlin

Find tips from professionals about moving to Berlin

Travel insurance in Berlin

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Berlin

Flights to Berlin

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Berlin