I've received a job offer a couple of weeks ago and am moving to Oslo. While I visited there 8 years ago, and here I read a few topics, I really need updated answers to my questions. Can anyone help?
Here we go:
1) If I will be paid, say, 24500 kr a month after taxes, and if I rent a place that is 14000 kr; is 10500 enough for a family of two, bills, grocery and transportation included? What is the maximum amount of rent should I be looking at? (I really have no idea)
2) What system is used for heating? Is it usually included in the rent?
3) What could be the average electricity bill a month?
4) Is there usually a pet restriction for apartments?
5) If we have to live far away from the office to lower the rent, will the cost of transportation bother us more than the extra rent?
I hope someone will see this