Are there any US veterans in HCMC

I am looking for American military veterans who receive VA benefits that live in HCMC. The VA keeps mailing me letters that I never receive and so I am looking for some advice.

Thank you

Are you required to live in the US to maintain your benefits?

Are you required to live in the US to maintain your benefits?

No, presence in the US is not neccessary

Perhaps a little more detail is in order.  Are the letters being mailed by VA to your US address or a Vietnamese address.  If Vietnamese address, are you sure they have it correct?  Do they have the VN postal code?  (These seem to cover very large areas but they may help.)  Do you live in an apartment or a house.  Is someone always home to receive mail?  Is your signature required for these letters?  Any other details that you can think of?

As you can see there are a lot of variables.

Try sending a PM to 70 years old.

Thanks THIGV

I have no US address. I left the US 35 years ago.

I called the VA and confirmed my address is correct

If there is a postal code for Vung Tau the Post office here does not know what it is

I live in a apartment and one time in the past a letter was given to the guard who gave it to me

I don't know what they send. I think it is regular mail like the VA sends in the US. So it gets here is by slow boat. They sent me a letter on 17 March. I don't know if it needs to be signed (see above). Customs may also confiscate it as it is from the US government.

For Social Security letters sent to Vietnam go to the Embassy Manila then sent by pouch to Consulate HCMC and they send to me registered.

I am working with the VFW Department of Pacific to see what we can do.

I stumbled in on this. I have children, property and legal residence in America and I run my finances through America.

I suspect that the VFW Department of Pacific is a good choice for advice and have nothing constructive to add as our situations are too different.

Good luck

You can Google the postal code for VT. Every city has several. Just find your street and the address.

Questions and answers about Ho Chi Minh City

Ask your question
By Rodgersgathii
kashmer t. manggona
i would like to go to vietnam as a volunteer teacher.
By kashmer t. manggona
Kenny Gerchow
Looking for Non-Teaching Employment
By Kenny Gerchow
Fishing in HCM
By nichoo
Fishing in Saigon near D 7?
By Highside25
Visa transfer to new passport
By Jetlag777

Expatriate health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Travel insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ho Chi Minh City

Flights to Ho Chi Minh City

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ho Chi Minh City