Dying for an Italian opportunity...

Hello everyone,
I am brand new expat, and I am so excited that there are so many people out there who willing to help people like me... I went to Italy last summer to study abroad for a few weeks. I have never been happier in my entire life, I love the country, the culture, the beauty everything about it. It is now my dream to live in Italy. But I honestly have no idea where to start, how to find work, housing, etc. If any one has any advice or information I would be so very thankful!

Hi MadisonM, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I suggest you to view Italy classifieds > job section and accommodation section. You may post adverts there as well.

I wish you good luck and i hope you get replies from other members soon.
:)
Christine

Italy is difficult to find work at this moment

Hi Madison,

You will need  a visa to live/work in Italy unless you are a European citizen.  I was lucky to have a British mother so I was able to get a British passport :).  Contact the Italian consolute/Embassy in your home country for the procedures you will need to follow.

Not sure about work as I haven't been looking as yet but I hear it is difficult but read in the newspaper last week that the employment situation is improving....  a little.

Good Luck

Ciao

Rainman

Hi Madison,

how are you getting on? did you manage to get to Italy then?

Getting a job in Italy it's tough however you can try in the main cities like Milan and Rome, you will be more likely to find something.

ciao

Marina

Ciao Madison,

If you are still interested in coming to Italy, without an EU visa, I would recommend that you look into the English language programs available at the major Italian universities.  This will give you an opportunity to learn more about Italy, the language, culture and requirements to remain after your program is finished.

SDA Bocconi offers excellent masters level programs in English and Italian and their MBA program is ranked very high in the world rankings.  The reason this is important is that it is very hard to find work in Italy without a visa and language ability.  A European degree may afford you the ability to meet with prospective employers who could sponsor you for the Italian visa.

Good luck!

J