Johannesburg risky for young ladies?

Hi guys,

I know it had been discussed over and over here.. But I would like to know how is Joburg doing now... especially after the world cup.

I have a trip planned and would like to know how Joburg is doing before going...

Besides, I have a job opportunity there next year and I would like to hear the pros and cons from you people out there.

There is CBD which is commonly used.  As I understood it means Centra Business District.  I would like to know which cities contitute the CBD and what it is really.

Thkssss

hello

i have just returned from the uk to joburg and must admit that it is great to be back - the people are knid and smiling, the weather is great, food is good, cost of living is low and i am happy to be living amongst humane and kind people again!  the legacy of the swc is great to have - the gautrain, rea veya, etc.  but we were a great nation even before then - absolutely wonderful energy, especially with the recent cabinet reshuffle, government will become more accountable and responsible.  do take care, as a lady, where you go after dark - just be cautious, as always.  the pro's far outweigh the con's however.  europe is a maze of materialistic zombies who trample on each other to reach their goals.  welcome home to humanity!

joburg is great!  come and see for yourself - wonderful weather, kind and smiling people, great energy, vibrant colours, electric storms on summer afternoons, good food, low cost of living and the gautrain which takes 15 minutes from sandton to or tambo.  as one does anywahere in the world - be alert and cautious and take care when you go out at night.  from a happy lady just returned from the UK to beloved SA!

Seems like joburg is nice.. I am excited to discover a new city but also anxious since I don't really know what is there for me.. But I know that I should not the bad destroy my time there.. I am trying to put my fears aways and enjoy it...

Safrican abroad you seem t like Joburg very much... I will follow you advices and shall soon tell you how I find Joburg... :D

Thks a lot :D

i would like to know what would be the taxes if i work as Expat in Johnnesburg , Which is a safe place to live with family , where do Indian live,How much is good enough to earn and save in SA

My trip to Joburg was really nice and a real good experience where you see things through other eyes... Like others say as long as you do not expose yourself you are safe.

Didnt not have time to watch many things though but hope that nxt time I will be able to do so.

Thx SAfrican for your advices :D

I loved living in Joburg (am American). I lived in Auckland Park, in Melville and then in North Cliff Hill. The people in South African are amazing and the quality of life is also very good.

I long to move back to SA, I hate the US. People here are miserable, the weather in the North East (I live in MA) sucks in winter and the job market stinks. When I was living in Joburg I was lecturing at (Witts Tech) now called the University of Johannesburg. I didn't make a lot of money but still lived well. I use to skydive at Wonderboom and had tons of friends there.

I love South Africa, the people and the way of life...It is far better than the US.

To the American person who lived in Joburg, thanks - you have confirmed what I was writing about SA - it is a really great place to live in, unfortunately, one has to take precautionary measures, but forewarned is forearmed.

To the person who is intending to come and live here - fear of the unknown causes doubts - I have experienced that before going to work in the uk as well.  Come and enjoy our lifestyle - it will be a really great experience!   SA is known as having "the world in one country" :)

Joburg still looks good after the world cup, the vibe is still there and people are still enjoying themselves with the entertainment.