Making phone calls in India

Hi,

When settling in India, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in India?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

:one

Hi Maximilien,

Airtel & Vodafone are best private operated operators which has good coverage. BSNL is a Indian state-owned enterprise which is also good in some rural locations.
Average monthly budget depends upon the usage always. So i hope its tough to point out a tentative figure also.

BSNL & AIRTEL are good landline providers, to Install a BSNL connection obtain a form from nearest BSNL office or can be downloaded from internet , Should take a Demand draft and submit to the office of the GM/TDM/TDE/SDE for registration, the same can also be sent in post as well.

Phone calls (intetstate calling) do not cost much in India. 1.5 -2.0 inr/ min.

1.Two state run services are thereMTNL and BSNL the process of subscribing can take time even months.

2.prepaid and postpaid sim services availble for idea airtel vodafone etc these three are top operators.

3. Monthly budget depends on usage but idea service provider gives 10 gb data usage for 1500/- inr on monthly rental basis using portable net setter.similar expense u can consider for other telecom operators also like for airtel and vodafone.

Regards
Viral

Hi,

In general, people in India won't prefer the landlines, at least my neighbors and friends do not have !
Mostly Airtel, Vodafone, Idea (TATA)) dominates the mobile market.

As of now, if you take a SIM card in one state, incoming would be free within state. within that state, outgoing call would be very less (around 30 paisa/min (or) 0.3 Rupees/min), it all depends on the top up recharge you do in that operator.
If you want call the other state number within India then that cost also little bit more may be 1 Rupee/min, depends of the operator.
If you want to call abroad then it is prefer to call using VOIP via Internet, as you might be aware of it.

As another person said already, the budget depends on how many calls you make, but for sure, it's not costly anymore.
For me, 500 Rs per month would be enough, as I took a postpaid with 600 min free calls per month.

Cheers,
Kumar