Living in Sharjah - Working in Dubai

Hi everyone

I've been offered a job in Dubai. Have seen that housing is relatively cheaper in Sharjah compared to Dubai, so might as well move there.

How easy is it to travel daily from Sharjah to Dubai?
Have read that the traffic is horrific with long queues, but are there any other viable alternatives?
Bus? Metro?
If I buy a 50cc scooter, will I be allowed to use it on the motorway between Sharjah and Dubai?

Traffic is horrible from Sharjah to Dubai working working hours.
you can use the metro, but there is no metro in sharja, which means you still have to board bus to the metro station in dubai to your destination.
so we have crowded bus, to a crowded metro, for about 1 hour ride... 

Scooter sounds good, and much faster, but will you be able to bear the hot weather.

remember this will be your daily routine..

Sorry, I dont mean to discourage you, but this is the real thing.. If you work in Dubai, I suggest you live in Dubai..

Good luck

Hi waqito, definitely the traffic is too much during the peak hours but there are alot of people living in Sharjah and working in Dubai .. It depends on where your office is located and what are your working timings?
If you have your own car, then you can manager it in a better way .. otherwise it'll be really a tough thing!

Scooter is also an option, but as mentioned above .. you have to consider the weather as it's not an easy task during summers! And again, it depends where is your workplace? It should be near to Sharjah border so that you can try, otherwise it will be really tough