The best budget hotel/apart-hotel/apartments in Santo Domingo

Guys,

Given my experience, I felt I had to share this. We've been here nearly 2 weeks and have stayed in around 10 or 15 different of the best "hotels" / aparta-hotels in the $50 a day budget. The first day we checked in to 3 different hotels. My wife was scared to leave the hotel Casa Conde hotel so we checked out. Then moved into another one and the hot water didn't work, they couldn't repair it, so we moved out to another hotel that was awful and no internet--total disaster!!. We kept moving hotels on a bi-daily basis until we arrived at the Condominio Villa Marbella in Gazcue. Oh My God. I'm paying 40 dollars a night we have armed security at every entrance, covered parking, washing machine and dryer, dish washer, fridge, cooker, microwave, huge plasma tv with panasonic sound system, shower, big bath and take this-Jacuzzi and office table and chair.... but it gets better the apartment is huge about 45 square metres and on the first line of sea view and more important for me, the fastest internet connection in Santo Domingo. If you're thinking of coming here and booking hotels on agoda or bookings.com or tripadvisor, forget it just come here. The landlord is a New Yorker / Dominican who speaks perfect English and Spanish. He's been fantastic and his apartments and customer services speak for itself. Photos attached. His number is 8099194855 and his name is Holpping. I CANNOT RECOMMEND HIM or HIS SERVICES ENOUGH:

https://www.agoda.com/condominio-villa- … Wx7%2b0%3d

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever in the SD area.

Glad you found somewhere to land but at $40 a day that gets to be very expensive over a months time. You still probably are looking for something for rent on a long term basis...right?

Bob K

Excellent post!!!  WE love this kind of information.  I was just in Santo Domingo for 3 days,  stayed in an apartahotel that was good but not fabulous. I will try this one next time!  Thanks.

Can you give us a phone number there instead of booking online? Thanks in advance.

Hi Bob,

He does long-term rentals too. I think 750 to 800 USD, which seems pretty reasonable based on what I've been offered so far.

Hi, the number is in my original post but here it is again 8099194855. His name is Holpping.

You are right I missed it, thanks honey.

No probs. ) :|

The link shows $47 as the lowest priced apt. Most of them are $50-$60 range.

Hi,

That's through Agoda. Call him directly and tell him Jose recommended you and told you he was paying 40 dollars. Butthen I am staying here for 2 weeks..... I think he'll do you 40/45 bucks if his rooms are not booked.