Visa exemption for UK citizens - can you help me?!

Hey! So as UK citizens we have been granted a 15 day visa exemption and we were wondering if there is any limit to hopping in and out of the country in quick succession? We'd like to leave HCMC for Phu Quoc island, then return for a few days, then leave again for Cambodia and then come back AGAIN. This may happen again when we travel further North and visit Laos and come back again. I know some people may think this is a daft plan but we have our reasons for wanting to do it this way! :) my question is, will the authorities accept us using our visa exemption this many times?

Any help at all would be much appreciated!

Hey sounds like a wicked trip! It seems you can use the visa exemption multiple times but must be outside Vietnam for 30 days before re-using (I guess to avoid it being used for visa runs). This is according to the Vietnamese Embassy in London:

"If you wish to enter Viet Nam at least two consecutive times without visa, the next entry must be at least 30 days after the previous exit. If you enter Viet Nam the first time with visa, then the next entry without visa can be less than 30 days after your previous exit"
http://vietnamembassy.org.uk/index.php? … ct=Notice2

How will you arrive in VN the first time? Will you fly directly in or travel from somewhere else via land etc.? You could get a normal visa for your first visit and then the exemption for the 2nd (in theory) but not sure if there's any rules around that.

Hope that helps :)

Hi! Thanks so much for your help :) yeah i've had a lot of feedback on the issue as lots of others have been denied re-entry because they didn't understand the rules!

We've decided we won't be able to take advantage of the exemption as we plan to only be away up to a week at a time. We've been living here since January and want to go to Hong Kong after Hanoi but we're living in HCMC. We want to try and see the neighboring countries in tandem as we travel up North! We'll be getting a multiple entry visa in Cambodia now :)

Thanks again for your help!

The new rule really makes some confusion and you are correct that as Uk citizens, you get 15 days visa exemption however you need to make sure that your next entry is at least 30 days after the previous exit. Or else you must get a visa. Whoever needs helps with getting 3 months multiple visa online, I will be able to assist. Contact me via skype: ++++

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : use the private message pls