Gyms / Health clubs in Milan?

I'm going to be living in the Navigli-Porta Ticinese area.

Specifically :
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rl … CBUQ8gEwAA

Does anyone know of any gyms in the area? Preferably somewhat English speaking..
If so, do you know the registration procedure / requirements?

Thanks.

Hey Ciao,

I'm living in the Navigli! Good spot ;)
I am going to the club:
canottieriolona.it/sport/tennis.htm
The main reason am going there is that it's a free entrance with my company.. the palestra is pretty old but the swimming pool is large with not so many people. They are course of fitness as well.
- Otherwise, there are: fitnessfirst.it/cms/front_content.php?idart=26&cid=110
Very nice, modern, premium price (if I remember well 900€/ year), a lot of training classes, with small swimming pool
- Another option is:
20hours.it/
via Brioschi I think. I found it pretty old inside but seem to be a good value for money..
It's very easy to register, usually they ask for a medical certification, which can be done in the club itself (most of the case).

If u need a help let me know
Ciao
Chris

Hey Cristof,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply! I will look up those places now.

I made the mistake of joining GetFit - more of a spa than a gym. But if you go there you can try them out for a week for free - they are on Via Meda. Also Fitness first is about 5 mins walk rom Romolo!

why was it a mistake?
i went to see the one on via piaenza the other day.. yes its pretty but so expensive, and they really were all about the sale!
unfortunately it's the closest one too me, ive been trying go think of other options.. but loathe the idea of getting dressed to go to he gym, getting on the metro to go home etc.. would like to be able to walk out of the house in sweats and back you know?
frustrating.