Obtaining LONG TERM Rental/Lease Boracay, Aklan, Western Visayas, PH

Good Day to you all!  My name is Dustin. I am a 30-yr-old male from the U.S.  Many years ago, I was fortunate enough to start a Pen-Pal relationship with a wonderful and gorgeous Pinay.  We fell very much in love. So much so, that I saved enough money to go visit her as a tourist.  I love her so much...  I flew to Manila for a Certificate to Marry and we have been Husband and Wife ever since.  She lives in the Western Visayas region; Aklan to be specific.  She has finished her OJT (On-The-Job-Training) and will be soon signing a 6-month employment contract on the breathtakingly beautiful island of Boracay.  I have been scouring and searching the internet for available, furnished, studio apartments.  In three weeks of searching (using a myriad of different search engines, posting/forum sites and word specific search parameter changes) the only available places I have been able to find are FULL CONDO COMPLEX BUILDINGS FOR SALE! The cheapest was a Four-Unit Condominium Complex for 5 Million PHP. (After a few stable fiscal years, we are planning to invest in purchasing one of these complexes.) Until then:

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!  All we need is a fair-priced Studio/Efficiency or 1 Bedroom Apartment for long term lease (6 months). And yes, I am in complete awareness that Boracay is a Resort area, therefore "fair pricing" is expected to be much more than in a close town like Banga or Kalibo. If anyone has any leads, resources, advice or knowledge to share on this topic, my wife and I would so greatly appreciate it.  I am a published novelist (professional writer by trade).  If anyone reading this can offer me something helping my move by May 1, 2015, I will even be happy to reward them with a free, SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR copy of my 1st published novel. (Keep in mind, there are ONLY 9 copies worldwide that contain a signature!!!)  This would not be so difficult, or even a problem, if I could "Apartment-Shop" while in Boracay or even task my wife with this endeavor.  However, I am currently stuck in the U.S. with a medical problem and my better half is much too far away to simply travel to Boracay to look herself.  However, like I said, online I can find NO POSTINGS for availability other than Hotels/Condo Complexes/Travel Rentals. PLEASE HELP!!!  Have a wonderful and passionate day full of amazement! Just FYI, I have inquired with SEVERAL realtor agencies and independent agents to no avail. After weeks, I still have yet to find one reply within my E-Mail inbox. :-(

~DastanKing~

P.S.  The "Housing" section of the website is a very nice feature... Did not quite help me though

@Dastanking

Sorry for stating what may be the obvious, but have you looked in the housing section of this forum which is located at the top of this page

Almost all accommodation on Boracay is holiday type, but many of them will also quote monthly rates.  I also looked into staying there, but prices in general, for something decent, seemed too high long term.

However, I just looked again today and saw something interesting:
Boracay Apartments - http://www.in-philippines.com/boracay-a … cay-aklan/
This spacious first floor studio apartment has a floor area of around 55 square meters.
THREE to SIX months' stay         = P20,900 per calendar month.
SIX months plus                             = P19,200 per calendar month.
Electricity, water and cooking gas are NOT included in the above prices and are charged separately.

Availability may be an issue though...

Example of prices at another site:
Boracay Newly Built Deluxe Apartment for Rent at Bulabog hill side
Price per night:  PHP 3,000
Price per month: PHP 30,000

I've seen a few at other locations, where the monthly rate is 10 times the nightly rate.

I just checked on OLX.ph for apartments for rent in Boracay and there is at least 6 units listed.

Réal D

Please use common sense. She is Pinay. So let her go there and inquire as to where her  co workers rent. They pay so much less. You will get a one or two bedroom for 6k a month. I have Filipino friend there and that's the scuttlebutt. Stop acting like you can't maneuver. She's you're ace in the hole.

sirrobcentral wrote:

Please use common sense. She is Pinay. So let her go there and inquire as to where her  co workers rent. They pay so much less. You will get a one or two bedroom for 6k a month. I have Filipino friend there and that's the scuttlebutt. Stop acting like you can't maneuver. She's you're ace in the hole.

Are you able to give the OP, and us, an idea of the quality of property that is in Boracay, for around 6,000 pesos per month.

first in boracay you cant own a land..only a condo..you can only buy a property in philippines if your married to a pinay. thats how it goes here. i suggest if you really want to buy a condo try asking a smdc.com.ph they are selling condo everywhere here but i dont know much about the prices. condo is really very expensive buy if you and your girlfriend can buy a lot and build a house its more cheaper or buy a house and lot with just less than 100-200sqm. theres a lot of properties near in boracay for sale too..its just one boat ride away. why you not try to scout dumagete city its more cheaper there and the beach is more nice and not crowded like bocaray..its better if you scout for more place than to buy in a rush..

I'm still hoping to find the info on a decent 1 or 2 bed condo for 6,000 pesos a month in Boracay.