Vietnam Visa Categories Change From January 2015

- Before 2015, Vietnam visa for foreign citizen had been symbolized as B2, B3, C1, C2, D, etc. for different purpose of their visiting. All old symbol of Vietnam visa categories were replaced by the others are more simple and clear based on the New Immigration Law issued on June 16th 2014 and implemented on January 1st 2015.

- The circular 47/2014/QH2013 issued by The Diplomatic and Police Security Ministry on June 16th 2014, implemented on January 1st 2015 on entry, exit and immigration for foreigners in Vietnam. At section VII (eight) of Vietnam Immigration Law 2015, there're 20 main types are symbolised as below:

No.1, 2, 3, 4 : NG1 - NG2 - NG3 - NG4:
- This visa is granted for official members who are invited guests of Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam or Congress, President, Government and equal guest of Minister, Deputy, President or vice president's people committee of province or centrally run cities combination with those relatives or assistants coming with them.

- The staying duration is up to 12 months.

No. 5, 6: LV1 - LV2
- This visa is granted for those who work with Vietnamese Authorities/Parties

No. 7: DT
- This visa is granted for who works with Investor/Foreign Lawyers
- The staying duration is up to 05 months.

No.8: DN
- This visa is granted for who works with Vietnamese Enterprise.

No.9: NN1
- This visa is granted for who is Chief Representative Office, Head Of Project of Foreign, Chief Of Representative Office In Vietnam.

No.10: NN2
- This visa is granted for Staff Of Head of Project Office, Representative Office Vietnam

No.11: NN3
- This visa is granted for Staffs works for foreign organisation, representative office in Vietnam.

No.12: DH
- This is granted for students or interns who study or have a probation in Vietnam.

No.13: HN
- This is granted for who attend meeting with partners, for organisation in Vietnam.
- The staying duration is up to 03 months.

No.14: PV1
- This is granted for Journalist who has permanent residence in Vietnam.

No.15: PV2
- This is granted for Journalist with short term in Vietnam.

No.16: LD
- This is granted for Foreign Workers.
- The staying duration is up to 24 months.

No.17: DL
- This is granted for Tourist.
- The staying duration is up to 03 months.

No.18: TT
- This is granted for those who is wife, husband, son is under 18 year olds of the foreign citizen got visa symbolized LV1, LV2, DT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD or who is parents, wife, husband, son of Vietnamese citizen.

No.19: VR
- This visa is granted for who visit relative or with the other purposes.
- The staying duration is up to 06 months.

No.20: SQ
- This visa is granted for who related MOF, Consulate with the purpose or market research, visiting relatives, tourist medial treatment.
- The staying duration is up to 1 month (30 days).

Have a nice day!
Source: Vietnam Immigration Law (vietnam-immigration.org.vn)

Vietnam-Travel-142 wrote:

Source: Vietnam Immigration Law (vietnam-immigration.org.vn)

Thank you for this information.

Is this your company or do you just work for them?

Anyone reading this or following this source, note it is a .org.vn domain, NOT .GOV.VN.... (and it is the same domain which Vietnam-Travel-142 has listed as her website)

Yes, I want to quote my article which is written based on Vietnam Immigration Law 2015. I chose some of important changes affect to foreign citizens. Summarise their questions and my answers for public.
Have a nice day sir!

Are VEC's still being given out?

khanh44 wrote:

Wrong person to ask guy. she doesn't even know what a VEC is? look at her previous posts and my remarks.
Rick

Budman1 wrote:
khanh44 wrote:

Wrong person to ask guy. she doesn't even know what a VEC is? look at her previous posts and my remarks.
Rick

it was a jab :D

khanh44 wrote:

It appears not,  seems anyone with a current VEC will have it honored to run its duration but when it runs out you apply for a[18] TT visa which can last up to 12 months.

Not saying thats fact just what I gather from reading the above.

thanks

daveinvietnam wrote:
khanh44 wrote:

It appears not,  seems anyone with a current VEC will have it honored to run its duration but when it runs out you apply for a[18] TT visa which can last up to 12 months.

You can forget what you read above. The OP is a private company selling visa services, that's all. VEC's are available, nothing has changed. But like Budman1 wrote, the OP does not even know what a VEC is. Just go to the real immigration (.gov.vn NOT .org.vn) and ask them, $20 for a first time issue and $10 to renew for a second one (obviously also no business opportunity for people like the OP, so no wonder they (seem) to not know....)

Honestly, I wonder why these moderators pin this thread as a sticky when others get closed for "advertising"...

snake77 wrote:
daveinvietnam wrote:
khanh44 wrote:

You can forget what you read above. The OP is a private company selling visa services, that's all. VEC's are available, nothing has changed. But like Budman1 wrote, the OP does not even know what a VEC is. Just go to the real immigration (.gov.vn NOT .org.vn) and ask them, $20 for a first time issue and $10 to renew for a second one (obviously also no business opportunity for people like the OP, so no wonder they (seem) to not know....)

Honestly, I wonder why these moderators pin this thread as a sticky when others get closed for "advertising"...

Thanks for that, Christ its hard enough as it is at the moment without false info, decided to get married here now {Nha Trang}to beat this visa stuff and I am only at the stage where I have to go to the Embassy to swear I am single and my head is spinning, reckon I will be done in by June.

Hi Dave,
Marrying. ....that's drastic action to get a Visa. 

After seeing what's happened to some of these poor bastards that have married,,a lot of them would have been far better off getting fucked over by the  Immigration mob.

Yogi007 wrote:

Hi Dave,

After seeing what's happened to some of these poor bastards that have married,,a lot of them would have been far better off getting fucked over by the  Immigration mob.

Haha I have no worries there, been here 10 years and seen it all. Actually my story here is one of complete success which is a nice change, knowing what I know now I would never have done what I did at the time but so glad I did, its an interesting story which I must tell sometime and the girl I marrying is like the polar opposite to the norm, she is the financially strong one now helping me out.

Great! - It's handy for people to see a list of the 20 different categories.

If some staff members would have taken a look at the threads and posts the last couple of weeks, they would have noticed that the majority of forum posts were all about the new Visa regulations. Dozens of threads created in a short time and all about the exact same topic.
In November I uploaded the decree to a filehost and linked to it in a new thread -  but since pinning is not something we can  control or request the document in questions will get lost and never be found again

New Immigration Law

Law on entry/transit/exit/stay (effective 1-1-2015)

Visa Extension

Perhaps it's possible to find a solution for this?

daveinvietnam wrote:

she is the financially strong one now helping me out.

:one

Quick question: there have been raids at language centers in Qung Ninh province.

One foreign colleague left for Laos and returned with some Visa. But he doesn't even have a contract! Does that mean they are having him work on a T-Visa?!? Just wondering.

The same employer told me that I would have to "return to Germany to apply for a B-Visa". Really? (I've been living in SE Asia for now 8 years).

welcome to Việt Nam

" Honestly, I wonder why these moderators pin this thread as a sticky when others get closed for "advertising".

It was the same wanker who thinks a thread about VN dogs OWNED by FOREIGNERS who live in VIETNAM, is not suitable for Ex Pat, yet a similar thread about CATS ran for weeks?????..

snake77 wrote:

I subtly hint at OP's lack of knowledge and next minute it gets pinned. And OP is not a she. That is just a marketing picture to further deceive you.

daveinvietnam wrote:
Yogi007 wrote:

Hi Dave,

Haha I have no worries there, been here 10 years and seen it all. Actually my story here is one of complete success which is a nice change, knowing what I know now I would never have done what I did at the time but so glad I did, its an interesting story which I must tell sometime and the girl I marrying is like the polar opposite to the norm, she is the financially strong one now helping me out.

Yogi wants to know if she have any sisters.....I'm smarter than the average bear😄

@TeacherWin > sorry just noticed it was pinned. We just unpinned this topic. You can contact me via the private message system if you have any suggestions.

@everyone > if you see any inappropriate post/topic, please use the reporting system or contact me.  Thank you.

[this topic is now closed]

Closed