Notable changes about Vietnam visa according to the new law

1. Stay out 30 days before you can enter Vietnam again: Yes and No. No for most of you, Yes if you are from Korea, Japan, Denmark...( the countries that enjoying 15 days exemption) If you enter Vietnam with that, then when you leave, you have to wait for 30 days to use that right again ( I believe you still can use approval letters to enter Vietnam right away if you need to).
2. Can not change your purpose of your visa. Before if you came in with a C1, tourist visa, you could convert it to B3, now you can not.
3. Change all the Visa category names into Vietnamese, for example , B3 now can be LV1, LV2, LĐ, DN
4. Visa for investor : you can have 5 years visa now instead of 3 years.
4. For Viet kieu or spouse visa ( 5 years exemption), you will have 6 months before you have to go out or do the paper work again instead of 3 months like before.

KathyBrown1410 wrote:

1. Stay out 30 days before you can enter Vietnam again: Yes and No. No for most of you, Yes if you are from Korea, Japan, Denmark...( the countries that enjoying 15 days exemption) If you enter Vietnam with that, then when you leave, you have to wait for 30 days to use that right again ( I believe you still can use approval letters to enter Vietnam right away if you need to).
2. Can not change your purpose of your visa. Before if you came in with a C1, tourist visa, you could convert it to B3, now you can not.
3. Change all the Visa category names into Vietnamese, for example , B3 now can be LV1, LV2, LĐ, DN
4. Visa for investor : you can have 5 years visa now instead of 3 years.
4. For Viet kieu or spouse visa ( 5 years exemption), you will have 6 months before you have to go out or do the paper work again instead of 3 months like before.

Kathy you did .4 twice, that's ok. I'm just interested in what I think is no.5. Earlier you said it couldn't be extended. I've been all over the net trying to get some information on this before I go to Immigration next week to do our renewal. May I ask what your source is?

The supposedly #5 applies to me as well having a 5 year VEC. Do you have a link that states these changes or how did you found out about it? In the meanwhile I'll search the net as well.

so how does that affect foreigners who buy land here???

khanh44 wrote:

The supposedly #5 applies to me as well having a 5 year VEC. Do you have a link that states these changes or how did you found out about it? In the meanwhile I'll search the net as well.

@khanh44 Hope you can find something but I really don't think it's out there yet. At least not in English. I've been all over the net all day and have found everything but info on the rules concerning the VEC. Heck, not even the visa sellers are posting anything.

Rick

Today, I have asked an immigration officer for extending my client's visa. But now, they don't receive any extending case.
I am not sure about next week. I will update when I get more about it.

KathyBrown1410 wrote:

Today, I have asked an immigration officer for extending my client's visa. But now, they don't receive any extending case.
I am not sure about next week. I will update when I get more about it.

Kathy his a link to another Expat.com whose members are mostly in Hanoi:

http://tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/en/aska/answers/qid/10970

That the reason I was asking. Really would appreciate any really good info.
Thanks,
Rick

khanh44 wrote:

Our staffs had received these answers for all immigration cases of foreigners from Immigration Department. So you can contact to Immigration Department to confirm these information.
One more information about VEC, the duration for each entry is 6 months, but you cannot extend  your staying time like before.

Reply to alanzet.    Foreigners can now buy a house, Jan 1 ,( that should include the land as well, but not in all cases here ), with the same rights as a VN, but they can't lease/rent it out, or use it for any other purpose than residing in.

Perhaps they should change it's deceitful name now? How about a 6 month VEC? How much will they charge for this every 6 months ?