New Yorker moving to Milano in January 2011

Ciao !

My name is Kia and I am a current New Yorker (of 17 years) in the midst of uprooting my life to move to Italy. I will be studying for my CELTA and would love to meet other expats who reside in Milano. I have only been to Milano once and would love any advice on the most affordable places to live, eat and party.

Also any advice on how not to lose my mind as I begin this
journey would be welcome- LOL .

Many Thanks

Hi Kia-

I'm a New Yorker moving to Milano in January 2011 as well! I'm going for a graduate program in design. I've only been to Milano's train station on a layover so can't help you with city advice, but if you want to practice Italian, let me know!

Suzanne :)

Hi Girls!

I am a Canadian and I just moved to Milan a few months ago (and will be here until at least March 2011).  I don't speak Italian, but am studying a little.  Def keep in touch and I can show you a few good spots to eat and party when you get here!!  Do you have a place to live?  I can ask my boyfriend about affordable places to live as he is from here.

I don't have much advice for you aside from the usual advice you get when you move to a new country (get rid of all expectations, keep an open mind, bring a few things that remind you of home...that sort of thing).  If you have any questions though, I will def try to answer them!!

Chat soon!
Julia

Ciao,
To get a good view of the price you should browse thru
kijiji.it  then: Case, affito(means rent), annuni milano
and casa.it
You will get a good idea of what's gong on here.
TO eat, drink adpary I would recommend (not in order): Navigli, Corso sempione (for aperitivo great!), Corso Como, Brera (for restaurant)
Enjoy MI!
Christophe