Barbados Activities

I was wondering if anyone would have any information on activities in Barbados?  I would like to meet others who share the same interests as I do and figure the best way would be to get involved in different activities around the island.  I was not sure if there are classes that I can take in the arts, dance or something along those lines.  Are there any outdoor groups that go hiking, kayaking, etc.  Any information would be great.  Thanks!

I know that if your looking for water based activities, then a good place to check out is the dive shop at the Hilton hotel.  I went scuba diving there based on a friends recommendation and was not disappointed.
In terms of hiking there is a thing on every sunday, where people go out and you can pick the group speed that best suits your fitness level.  Have been meaning to check it out but havent gotten a chance.  I can try and dig out the number for you though if your interested.
Out of interest, i notice you posted this a while ago, have you found any classes since then?  Just finding that if your not going out drinking then it can be a little quiet.

Discovery bay is a well-known place for nice view of island and comfort in Barbados.