Palawan- Busuanga

Hi Everyone. There is a lot of discussion about Manila and areas close by. I was wondering if there are any ex-pats  living in Palawan, Busuanga or surrounding areas? Any info or feed back. Good or bad would be appreciated.
I am from the US and have lived on the Caribbean for 10 years. Looking for a change. Don't want the city life or the crowds, traffic and crime that come with it. If I can find a quiet island with good fishing, diving, grocery store and hardware store, I'll be a happy camper

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
Bill

Been over 5 years.   There were a few expats there in Porta Princes.  1 Main store owned by the Mayor there. Had all the basic's you would need.  Northern part was summer homes for Manilas better off. Lodges are not what most Americans expect in comfort. BUt nice by Philippine standards. Fishing here is hard to find unless you have a boat or go out at night with a native. From a small town on the coast. For charters you need know when to go and were.  Ask once here and you meet people.  Don't go to far south from there fishing.  Some problems in the southern part there. Like Jolo.   I also understand from what I hear here. That that area has developed a lot from last time I was there. So old info here.

Mr Bill O wrote:

Hi Everyone. There is a lot of discussion about Manila and areas close by. I was wondering if there are any ex-pats  living in Palawan, Busuanga or surrounding areas? Any info or feed back. Good or bad would be appreciated.
I am from the US and have lived on the Caribbean for 10 years. Looking for a change. Don't want the city life or the crowds, traffic and crime that come with it. If I can find a quiet island with good fishing, diving, grocery store and hardware store, I'll be a happy camper

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
Bill

Try Puerto Galera on Mindoro...only 3 hours from Manila..Has some of the best diving in the world, good fishing and a cooler climate than most coastal areas in the Philippines...

Best to stay away from the southern areas of Palawan and Sulu sea southern coastal areas due to Muslim pirate activities that might result in a kidnapping.  Better to be safe than sorry.  There is also a strong US travel advisory for the Sulu Sea area.